Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    If it makes a difference for any of you

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=56627
    Yeah, I saw this and was going to post it. Been trying it for a couple of days and am pretty happy with it. Seems like there are some bugs, especially in the mapping. But I got an email from them saying they just switched there mapping provider today. Overall, pretty quick downloads and updates. I think it might be worth the $35/year. Got two more days to decide.

One nice thing is it has great support for the 5-way. Also, dig into the sports and you will find a lot of detail.
    Thanks. I took the bait for $35/yr.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Yeah, I saw this and was going to post it. Been trying it for a couple of days and am pretty happy with it. Seems like there are some bugs, especially in the mapping. But I got an email from them saying they just switched there mapping provider today. Overall, pretty quick downloads and updates. I think it might be worth the $35/year. Got two more days to decide.

One nice thing is it has great support for the 5-way. Also, dig into the sports and you will find a lot of detail.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I emailed customer service aboout the mapping issue (no zoom), of course no reply. ..thus your post was helpful. I buy the year's sub at half off. The mapping works now.
    Yeah, the mapping works pretty good. Probably as good or better than any other I have tried. It is quick. The only thing I found is that it seems that if it cannot find an address, it defaults to just the center of the town/city. Not really that bad. Other than the mapping, everything else is really nice.
    Yeah, the mapping works pretty good. Probably as good or better than any other I have tried. It is quick. The only thing I found is that it seems that if it cannot find an address, it defaults to just the center of the town/city. Not really that bad. Other than the mapping, everything else is really nice.
    I find the "radar image" a little funky...I prefer a little sharper image. Something closer to weather.com's doppler image. You feel the same way? Otherwise, I like the suite.
    find the "radar image" a little funky...I prefer a little sharper image. Something closer to weather.com's doppler image. You feel the same way? Otherwise, I like the suite.
    Yeah, the radar is not a good at the wunderground. It is a wider image and does not animate. However, for the weather you can add multiple locations and then pull up the details for each location. When you pull up the location, it also pulls up other locations in the area.
    I want to bump this to the top because I was reading some of the news on the Handmark website. They have announced a version 2 with new and improved features, including a dictionary and real-time sports scores. The new verision is supposed to be released on Oct. 7. I and someone else have looked at this and we think it is definately worth the $35/year.
    I want to bump this to the top because I was reading some of the news on the Handmark website. They have announced a version 2 with new and improved features, including a dictionary and real-time sports scores. The new verision is supposed to be released on Oct. 7. I and someone else have looked at this and we think it is definately worth the $35/year.
    I saw the info about v.2.0 today. I am looking forward to it.
    Not bad. $70/year is too much, but I'll bite at $35
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    The special is for version 1.3. Does anybody know if there will be a separate upgrade charge to go to version 2.0
    this is killing me ...I ordered it and paid the $35 ..and the stupid thing doesn't work ...my screen goes completely white and freezes......PPPfffsstt...has this happened to anyone else...???
    Last edited by evilhomer; 09/30/2005 at 11:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gottago
    The special is for version 1.3. Does anybody know if there will be a separate upgrade charge to go to version 2.0
    According to the press release it is a free upgrade to current users so I would assume that if you subscribed prior to the release it would be free.

This major upgrade to the Pocket Express experience will be available free to all current subscribers.
    I've bashed Handmark Express in the past because of the high cost and availability of the same info through Blazer bookmarks. However, for $35 I decided to take the plunge. A couple of nice things I have noticed which have improved since I last tried Express:
    1. The news stories can now be downloaded as a full version, instead of a summary;
    2. The sports info looks to be greatly improved, by allowing conference standings, schedules, scores, etc. I first set this up for the Mountain West Conference and get no data, so I hope the data comes with the new version. If it works, it will be very cool.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    What if I am already subscribing to Express? I would like to take advantage of the discount, but is it possible to add another year before your year is expired?
    I would say just use a different email address ....set up another account...how many months do you have left...
    ah how about that....just checked, and it expires 10/20/05....

I wonder how I can just renew?
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    this is killing me ...I ordered it and paid the $35 ..and the stupid thing doesn't work ...my screen goes completely white and freezes......PPPfffsstt...has this happened to anyone else...???
    If you have PXA Clocker uninstall it - there is a known conflict - I had the same problem yesterday and after uninstalling PXA it works - more or less.
    Ok cool Ill try that ..I have it installed but not on...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast