1.    #1  
    Looks like a cool idea (2-in-1 car kit/headset) but haven't been able to find any reviews. Any info would be appreciated. It's available in the TC store.
    I just ordered one.

I currently keep the Jabra speaker in my car and often times forget to take my headset with me. This would solve that problem as I'll always have a headset in the car.

I ordered in from the Treo Central store and selected next day shipping. If all goes well I should have it Tuesday.

Will post my thoughts once I get it.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I had played with one of those; it was called something else and was sold at Target.
    I returned it the same day. For the following reasons:
    • The car part does not work without the headset in it. So forgetting your headset at home will still be problem (Biggest reason it went back).
    • It didn’t fit my car well (02 Camry)
    • I had trouble getting it to pair (could just be me)
    • It felt cheap and flimsy
    • Seemed slow to connect
    • Static (but I get static with every headset tried so far jabra 250 and treo headset)
    Wow, if I knew they had them at Target I would have just gone there and saved the overnight shipping charges.

The car part not working without the headset isn't a concern for me as I plan to leave the headset in the car all the time, or if I've taken it out I'll make sure it goes back before leaving my car for the day. I own a few other BT headsets so I don't need to take it everywhere.

What do you mean by it didn't fit your car well? What are the mounting options?

The slowness to connect is a concern for sure.

As for static, yeah, it happens with all of them.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    What do you mean by it didn't fit your car well? What are the mounting options?
    Well you plug it into the car lighter (Camry has 2). With it plugged in to one, I could not access the ashtry. When plugged into the other, it was awkward to access the buttons or plug in and unplug the BT headset part.

On the pluse side, it came with all sorts of stuff, like an external mic, power adaptors, etc.
    I have a Toyota as well (Siena) with two chargers so I imagine I'll face similar problems.
    I received it today.

However, the product is defective. I have followed the directions for charging the device but no matter what I do the device (headset) will not turn on. The charging light also does not always come on when the device is plugged in to charge. If I plug it in the light doesn't come on unless I set it down on the table. Pick it up and the charging light goes out. It is clearly broken.

Have to arrange for a return.

Aurgggggh. ;(
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I am not too surprised. Like I said mine had a cheap feel to it. And at the point you need the headset plugged in to work the car adapter, the device lost its appeal. I figured might as well get a quality BT headset like the Plantronics 510.
    I don’t know about how well the product works, but I know that treocentral lists it for 99 bucks while other sites list it for as low as 64 bucks. Two products for less than the usual price for a quality headset, or hands free kit... sounds to good to be true. Must be a reason it is so low priced. Anyway, I may try it anyway. Just to satisfy my curiosity.