1.    #1  
    In my Treo 650 I have both Palm VNC and Micro VNC. I use Palm VNC along with Movian VPN to get access to company resources through a Nortel Contivity VPN Tunnel. I use Micro VNC to SSH Tunnel VNC traffic in to my personal resources at home. I also have pssh for SSH only without Tunneling. Independently they work great. However, the VNC applications seem to share configuration files. This would not be a bad thing, except whenever I go into Palm VNC, it corrupts the settings of Micro VNC rendering both applications unusable unless I rebuild the configurations. I have not been able to use one application for both purposes as Micro VNC does not appear to be capable of being useable without the SSH Tunnel, so I cannot use it for company VPN. Conversely, I have no way to tunnel VNC traffic using an SSH app therefore I cannot use Palm VNC for home resources. Is there an immediate solution that others have used (I have not found one searching Treo forums, Google, etc.), such as using one set of apps or having independent config files?
  2.    #2  
    Update, I was able to configure Micro VNC to use VPN for work (as well as SSH Tunnel for home), so I ended up removing Palm VNC. I reported a bug to Palm VNC to not use a common config file with other VNC apps.
    Thanks for mentioning Micro VNC. After seeing your posts, I did a search and saw that it had been mentioned around here before, but sometimes it takes a fresh thread to get you to notice things. I had been looking for a more secure solution than PalmVNC, and I think I might take a good look at Micro VNC.

Thanks again.
  4.    #4  
    Not sure what you need as far as security from a topology standpoint as I was able to use Palm VNC with my company's VPN, but it does not have the SSH tunneling that I need for my Linux-based home network. I would like to see a SSH application for the Treo that supports tunneling so that I may be able to go back to Palm VNC.
  5.    #5  
    It would be really cool to have a No Machine client app for the Palm Treo, which has SSH tunneling capability built in as well as superior X compression.
    Quote Originally Posted by kendolin
    Not sure what you need as far as security from a topology standpoint as I was able to use Palm VNC with my company's VPN, but it does not have the SSH tunneling that I need for my Linux-based home network. I would like to see a SSH application for the Treo that supports tunneling so that I may be able to go back to Palm VNC.
    So can I assume then that you prefer PalmVNC to Micro VNC (SSH tunneling nothwithstanding)? If so, for what reasons? Micro VNC seems to have everything you want, so I was just curious.
  7.    #7  
    I basically have two SSH applications - PSSH and Micro VNC. I would rather things be in separate applications, unless there is an overly compelling reason to the contrary. I should not have to load/run Micro VNC to get SSH tunnel as I can use it for so much more. Palm VNC should be able to work fine with a SSH client that offers tunneling as well as VPN (in my case Movian).
    Makes perfect sense - thanks for the insight.