1.    #1  
    I'm just received Treo 650 and HS850 headset and find the volume even at the highest setting to soft to use the headset. The Treo has the latest firmware and the HS850 when paired with my Motorola V710 is much louder (ie - usable in noisy environements).

I've installed VolumeCare and it works as advertised for the Treo, but does nothing for the HS850.

Has anyone experienced this and is there a solution? Thanks from the newbie!
    You can try the bluetooth mute trick. After connecting to the headset, click mute on and off. See post 91 here.

Hope this helps.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Ditto on my Sprint 650. The mute trick doesn't work, and I find I have to tell people to speak up all the time, and hold my finger over the headset while talking. That sort of defeats the purpose of having a headset. Otherwise I love the HS850, but I'm thinking of getting a Plantronics 510 or 640. I can't think of anything else to try with this headset, unless Volume Care starts working with Bluetooth.
    for some reason certain callers always are louder than others. If my brother or best friend call me, its loud...parents- not so loud wonder if their volume really affects it?
    Everybody I know talks on verizon so I don't know if that makes a difference