1.    #1  
    My headset plays music just fine and it used to pick up phone calls just fine, too. Now though, it still plays music but I can't hear or answer calls anymore. Is this a software problem? If so, what can I do to fix it? If it's a hardware problem, i.e. the headset jack or headset, why can I still hear the music?

Thanks.
    Never had the problem and I do not know how to fix it. With that said. . . . Have you tried a soft reset?

With the headset connected -- does the phone now ring instead of the sound thru the headset? If so, it sounds like the "connection" in the headset jack is no longer "sensing" that a headset has been inserted. . . .
  3.    #3  
    I have tried a soft reset.
    The phone sounds through the phone speaker and/or speakerphone. You're right, it does sound like it's not sensing the headset. Guess I'm off to Sprint and a multi hour ordeal of waiting and then a multi-week ordeal of waiting for a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croshaven
    I have tried a soft reset.
    The phone sounds through the phone speaker and/or speakerphone. You're right, it does sound like it's not sensing the headset. Guess I'm off to Sprint and a multi hour ordeal of waiting and then a multi-week ordeal of waiting for a replacement.
    Hopefully it will not be that long. I had mine replaced in 15 minutes in Grand Rapids. (And as it turned out, I didn't need the replacement, but that's another story.)

Cheers, Perry.

I guess if you are going for a replacement, back up and try a hard reset and see if the headset works before you resync. You do not want to take a phone full of data to the Sprint store, anyway. Try a different headset while you are at the store, as well.
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/28/2005 at 10:27 AM.