1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint/CDMA Tre0 650 and would like to be able to send and receive .amr voice files...so far I have been unable to find a program to do this...unfortunately, mvoice does not work with .amr files either...

Any advice would be appreciated...thanks.

Chris
    send to what? You should be able to send via IR or BT using a decent filemanager or zlauncher. If you are trying to send somewhere else you might be able to do it as an email attachment.
  3.    #3  
    ...my fault, I didn't explain my question well...

I would like my Treo to be able to make and hear/translate .amr voice files...
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Have you tried some of the different media players? I think by default if you try to open an amr file with the treo it will turn it to a ringtone.
    What is an amr file and how do you use it?
  6.    #6  
    An amr file is a compressed auidio file mostly used for ringtones, but can be used for audio or voice...the file size of an amr file is much smaller than a wav or mp3 file...
    cjbell, Audacity has the smallest files. They have compressed 6kbps, 12kbps, and 24kbps. The are quite good quality for the file size. I use comp 12 all the time and it sounds perfectly normal. The files end up about 100k per minute. You can find them at www.AudacityAudio.com.