1.    #1  
    I have recently discovered that when I receive an email with an mdb attachment (MS Access DB) into my server Inbox on Exchange; all subsequent Activesync attempts within Versamail will fail.

Moving the offending message to another folder using Outlook on the desktop immediately restores proper activesync behavior. Restoring the offending message to the inbox once again triggers the error.

This occurs whether or not the file attachment is zipped. Also, I observed this behavior in a message whose total size, including the mdb attachment, was only 223KB.

Anyone else able to produce this error on demand?
    weird. ANd it is ONLY with that certain file type? What if you give a blank text file that extension so it LOOKS like a MDB file, but its not? I wonder if mdb is an extension that POS recognizes and it's causing problems.
    I get a warning when trying to send a .mdb file that it is potentially unsafe and it doesn't actually seem to get delivered to my inbox (tested by sending to myself). The message in my saved mail has a header on the top that the unsafe content has been blocked. I tried sending from another of my accounts to myself and still didn't get it.

I wonder if exchange handles those messages as potentially dangerous and Versamail can't deal with the message that the exchange server has.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by geneld
    I get a warning when trying to send a .mdb file that it is potentially unsafe and it doesn't actually seem to get delivered to my inbox (tested by sending to myself). The message in my saved mail has a header on the top that the unsafe content has been blocked. I tried sending from another of my accounts to myself and still didn't get it.

I wonder if exchange handles those messages as potentially dangerous and Versamail can't deal with the message that the exchange server has.
    The difference is that I successfully receive them and can access the attachments on the desktop...