1.    #1  
    All of a sudden this AM, any attachment sent to me that I used to (as of last night) be able to identify on the summary screen or message screen, download, and then open or save -- no longer even is identified by chatter in any new emails I receive.

The old emails still show their attachments.

Interestingly enough, I did receive an email a few minutes ago with a .wmv file that DID show up in the message. It appears to only be happening with the files that I commonly open: .pdf, .doc, .xls, and .jpg.

Any idea what is going on????!?!?!?!?!?!
    What version of Chatter? Are they being sent via Outlook/Exchange? Is this IMAP or POP3? Can you send me a log of LOADING a message that should contain an attachment (please use "log" and then "verbose")? Instructions for logging are in the faq section of www.chatteremail.com.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    What version of Chatter? Are they being sent via Outlook/Exchange? Is this IMAP or POP3? Can you send me a log of LOADING a message that should contain an attachment (please use "log" and then "verbose")? Instructions for logging are in the faq section of www.chatteremail.com.

Marc
    Boy you're quick!!

They are being sent via outlook/exchange, and I know they have attachments because they've been sent by coworkers or myself (to myself). My chatter is setup to talk to microsoft exchange 2003 through IMAP.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcspam
    Boy you're quick!!

They are being sent via outlook/exchange, and I know they have attachments because they've been sent by coworkers or myself (to myself). My chatter is setup to talk to microsoft exchange 2003 through IMAP.
    Marc, I just sent you the log file. Let me know! Thanx!!!!!
    Ok, the problem is that your senders are sending attachments in Microsoft's internal (and proprietary) format. These attachments can really only be read by Outlook and Outlook Express.

I've attached a link to an article about this; the solution is to have the senders change an Outlook setting...

Marc

http://help.netscape.com/kb/consumer/19981102-1.html
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    Ok, the problem is that your senders are sending attachments in Microsoft's internal (and proprietary) format. These attachments can really only be read by Outlook and Outlook Express.

I've attached a link to an article about this; the solution is to have the senders change an Outlook setting...

Marc

http://help.netscape.com/kb/consumer/19981102-1.html
    Thanx, Marc. Unfortunately, I just tried another one, having my employee send me the message in "pain text only" and I still don't see the .pdf attachment. I believe the link you gave me relates specifically to the message body itself, and the ability to read it if it's in "rich text format" for example. I have no problem reading the body of any message that's been sent to me now or previously. I can read the message -- I just don't see any attachments. This is incredibly frustrating!!!!

By the way, I am using Chatter Version 1.1p (sept 23 2005)
    No, it doesn't have to do with plain text and it DOES have to do with attachments. I guarantee you that's the problem - I saw the MS-TNEF attachment in the log, so this isn't conjecture. As long as that person is sending MS-TNEF attachments, you won't see them. The solution is the setting mentioned (I've seen this dozens of times before).

Marc
  8.    #8  
    Marc:

I think we've fixed it. We actually went in to the virtual IMAP server in exchange system manager and changed the properties -- by clicking the rich text format box off in the message format screen. This, I think, will eliminate any rich text format messages being sent to Chatter, even if the sender sends them in that format.

So far, since the change, I've been seeing the attachments.
    That's awesome! Thanks for the update!

Marc