Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    When using a headset - either a wired or a BT - people I'm talking to constantly say "I hate your phone!". Often, they tell me that they can only hear 1/2 the words I'm saying.

    Things are fine if I hold the phone to my ear without any headset - but, as you know, ergonomically - the 650 isn't very comfortable for that.

    Any suggestions?
  2. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by storagelady
    When using a headset - either a wired or a BT - people I'm talking to constantly say "I hate your phone!". Often, they tell me that they can only hear 1/2 the words I'm saying.

    Things are fine if I hold the phone to my ear without any headset - but, as you know, ergonomically - the 650 isn't very comfortable for that.

    Any suggestions?
    Try some different headsets, if that fails try VolumeCare. You can do a search here for it.
  3.    #3  
    I have tried 3 different headsets. I can hear the other people perfectly - but, they can't hear me.
  4. #4  
    Look at the bluetooth threads for experiences with different headsets. The list of good experiences is rather small. See what is recommended and stick to those.
  5. #5  
    VolumeCare! Tinker with the settings, and all will be right again.

    -Kirk
  6. #6  
    I use the wired one that came with my Treo, and people can hear me very well, they say.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by storagelady
    I have tried 3 different headsets. I can hear the other people perfectly - but, they can't hear me.
    I have also used three different headsets. They all work very well. Maybe you should try getting the phone replaced. Could be that the microphone input is bad on the headphone input jack.
  8. #8  
    I have a scala 500 I chose based on this sites review and it has been very good so far. its bt by the way. only 50 bucks
  9. KenwoodPI's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #9  
    I use the Treo WHS. But it doesn't matter if I use the Treo, Bluetooth or a normal headset.....My wife always tells me she hates talking me through my Treo

    BTW - I use Profile Care
  10. #10  
    yea get volume care and set the microphone boost all the way up.
  11. #11  
    Do you have the PalmOne ROM update applied? A lot of people said this improved the "Sound quality at the other end" issue.

    Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
  12. naivete's Avatar
    Posts
    636 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    Do you have the PalmOne ROM update applied? A lot of people said this improved the "Sound quality at the other end" issue.

    Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Yes. Check to see if you have the latest firmware. In the phone app, go to Phone Info in one of the menus.
  13. pabo's Avatar
    Posts
    813 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #13  
    update firmware and if this does not help, have them replace the phone. if it is dropping every other word, you might have a hardware problem - especially if it does this with different headsets.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by storagelady
    When using a headset - either a wired or a BT - people I'm talking to constantly say "I hate your phone!". Often, they tell me that they can only hear 1/2 the words I'm saying.

    Things are fine if I hold the phone to my ear without any headset - but, as you know, ergonomically - the 650 isn't very comfortable for that.

    Any suggestions?
    We had the same problem with all of our 650's at work , I installed Volumcare on all of them Now they work great even with a Motorola 850 Bluetooth headset
  15. #15  
    It's possible that this is just a limitation of technology. What I mean is that when using speakerphone and the other person is talking, nothing I say gets through to them until they stop talking. I have noticed the same behavior with bluetooth headsets. This does not seem to be an issue when using a wired headset or the handset itself.

    I have accepted this as a limitation of the technology. If anyone knows of anything to the contrary I would love to overcome this problem.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  16. ils
    ils is offline
    ils's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    It's possible that this is just a limitation of technology. What I mean is that when using speakerphone and the other person is talking, nothing I say gets through to them until they stop talking. I have noticed the same behavior with bluetooth headsets. This does not seem to be an issue when using a wired headset or the handset itself.

    I have accepted this as a limitation of the technology. If anyone knows of anything to the contrary I would love to overcome this problem.
    What you are referring to is full-duplex and half-duplex. It is hardware inherent and cannot be fixed with any software. It's kinda like a walkie-talkie.
  17. #17  
    Have you tried the Logitech mobile pro? It's full duplex as opposed to half duplex. It might solve your problem.
  18. #18  
    It would suck to not be able to cut someone off while they are talking. I tend to do that a lot. I would hate to have to say "over" like the army folk do when talking on there Walkin-talkie.
    It just sounds like a hardware issue.
    Mike
    "God Bless YOU Do The Rest"
    Mike Anderson
    http://michaand.ProBuilderPlus.com
  19. #19  
    I only get that problem when using the Treo BT headset. Once I go on speaker or use the standard phone mic it works fine. I only sit about 2 feet away from my phone. I suspect it has something to do with my cordless landline phone and perhaps the microwave.
  20.    #20  
    I took the phone to the Sprint store and they confirmed - it's a hardware issue. At least this time (!)

    1 week to get a replacement phone in. Until then...have to hold it to my ear to talk. That will surely reduce my minutes on the phone this month!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions