Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    When I log into Sprint vision to check my e-mail (Versamail) it never tells me how to log off, am I supposed too? I still have the two grey arrows running all the time over my sprint conection singnal. I know I have unlimited vision, but will this drain the battery or mess up the phone? Or is this something everyone does just log on to the sprint vision/Web and stay connected all the time?

I am new so sorry if this is a silly question as I am really studying how best to use my Treo.

FYI, I did a search first for a topiv on this and nothing came up just in case this has already been disscussed.

I have just had the phone 2 days and will also be looking for the best programs third party apps to use. It seems chatter is the one most mentioned here correct.

THanks for any help

Thanks,

Troy
    Grey just means you're on the Network, but idle.

Green means you're moving Data

As far as Chatter, yes IMO it is the best email client. But it will consume battery life. How much depends on different scenarios.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Thanks,

So what you are saying is that after I log on to the Vision network I never need to log off, right? I can be checking the web, and then hit home and go work on my contacts and not have to ver log off vision and it hurt me, right?

Troy
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827
    Thanks,

So what you are saying is that after I log on to the Vision network I never need to log off, right? I can be checking the web, and then hit home and go work on my contacts and not have to ver log off vision and it hurt me, right?

Troy
    Basically, that's the way it works. Just remember though that when you are moving data (green arrows), you can't recieve phone calls. They will go to Voicemail. It may take 30 seconds to a minute to actually break the connection (green arrows) once you exit Blazer. But it should go back to grey.

If need be, you can always go to your System Prefs:Communications:Network and manually disconnect, however that will log you off Vision.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827
    Thanks,

Troy
    Hey Troy....

Yeah, the Munks new Avatar is playing head games with me too.

Anyway, you either log off by pressing the green button or the server will log you off after detecting inactivity. You can't stay logged on indefinatly..

Chuck
    One last thing, your data connection doesn't work if you're roaming.

Give versamail a try before paying for a third-party email software....you may find that versamail meets all your needs.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    thanks for the reply and help, yes it might just work for me , if I dont need push e-mail it will work. The big Wall street Wirehouse I work with will only let me access my company e-mail mobily using Blackberry, so that is not and option. So all I will be using this is for my home e-mail a nd yahoo account.

By the way how dod I set up my Yahoo IM on the treo is it easy?