1.    #1  
    Hello everyone. I finally took the dive into smart phones and got a Treo 650 from Cingular. I was wondering if you have any suggestions for must have accessories?? Hard Cases? Screen Covers? or fun stuff like cradles, etc. I dont even know whats in the box. It will be delivered sometime this week.

I know about the 700w BTW, but Im happy to have my 650. I like my Cingular Account. I had Verizon in the past, and had a very bad experience with signal. I'll be waiting till Q3 07 to upgrade to the 700w if need be.

Thanks!
    Hi 713!!

Enjoy!
    Do not sync directly to a prior Palm device userid.
    (Follow the upgrade instructions.)
    If you will be using Docs to Go: click on my name, click on view profile, click on threads started by, click on the 'Free Some Memory' thread. You can save
    4mb of internal memory by using DataViz tech tool.

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    I do not have a prior smart phone.
    I do however have a Motorola V60 that I would like to take the phoen book from.
    Does this present a problem.

Also, is it possible to web browse with the treo650 without having a wifi adapter or being in a wifi zone?

Thanks!
    Kadoma, I would recommend that you follow the recommendations in the manual regarding learning to use your T650. It is a great tool, and there is a wealth of information there. Also, browse the various forums at TreoCentral.com and you will learn a lot.

Yes, you can browse the internet if you have a data connection. There should be an icon called "Web" on your phone's menu.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Not a Sim user, but someone should have a method to get the contact info over. (or check with your Cingular store.)

You do not need WiFi to browse the web. Just use the web app that comes with the Treo. How much is Cingular's unlimited data plan. You need data plan for email and Web.
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/27/2005 at 09:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadoma713

Also, is it possible to web browse with the treo650 without having a wifi adapter or being in a wifi zone?

Thanks!
    713 make sure you know which data package you have with cingular. If you have a limited data package and start browsing the web you could end up with a significant data bill. There is plenty of info posted throughout on what plans individuals are using with cingular. I ended up going with the unlimited plan, I waited too long and have to pay 39.99 per month, but I use the web quite a bit.
    hi 713, I also have a cingular gsm treo650. I have the unlimited data plan ($39.99 per month) but I use it quite a bit everyday... you can check email with versamail or through the web browser. You can also chat (I've been using Toccer-it's Free!). You can also do a lot more as far as web browsing, etc.
    I would say get the unlimited data plan if you plan to use the internet option everyday or like cardio said, you could have a pretty ugly bill.

Good Luck, Joe
    Long live the TWIT army!

MKast Wireless
    Hello everyone. I finally took the dive into smart phones and got a Treo 650 from Cingular. I was wondering if you have any suggestions for must have accessories?? Hard Cases? Screen Covers? or fun stuff like cradles, etc. I dont even know whats in the box. It will be delivered sometime this week.

I know about the 700w BTW, but Im happy to have my 650. I like my Cingular Account. I had Verizon in the past, and had a very bad experience with signal. I'll be waiting till Q3 07 to upgrade to the 700w if need be.

Thanks!
    Insurance, backups
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    willl cingular insurance cover for treo 650? because i just got my treo too =) its awesome i can play mp3, watch dvds, play game, take notes, etc
  10.    #10  
    Hey guys thanks for all the responses.
    Sorry, Im excited. I dont have the phone or manual yet.
    They should be here by the weekend.
    Yes I got the unlimited 39.99 plan.

I cant wait to get my phone and start using.
    What threads should I read first?
    The ones stickied in GENERAL CHAT and the ones in TREO HARDWARE???
    I wish this forum had an ARCHIVE with only these FAQs.
    Maybe it does somewhere?

Thanks again for all the support!
    I made the switch from T-Mo about 10 days ago, and unlimited data was $19.99 for me up here in the Albany, NY area.
    Adriana, Lockline Insurance is the handset insurance company Cingular uses and they informed me that they do not cover the Treo 650 because it is a PDA device more than it is a phone. I called the day after I brought my phone home (which was earlier this month). They will, however, replace the Treo 650 with another typical cell phone, but it will not be another smartphone. My Treo 650 is included under my personal property coverage (i.e. renters' insurance). The Lockline Insurance isn't worth it, though, even for a typical cell phone. There is something like a $50 deductible and after eight months of paying $3.99 per month plus the deductible, you will have paid the price of a new phone without actually getting one. It's better to have enough money on hand to get yourself a replacement new phone or to include the Treo 650 with your personal property insurance.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    thank you for the response warm!

Thanks!
    No problem at all! When you put your existing SIM card into the Treo 650, your SIM phonebook entries appear in the Contacts list by default. There is also a check box under Preferences in the Contacts list screen that toggles Show SIM Phonebook, so you have a choice as to whether you want to see them or not.

Personally, I chose to import my SIM phonebook entries into the Treo's Contact list, and uncheck the aforementioned Show SIM option (to avoid showing duplicate entries). Fyi, the above procedures are explained in detail in the margin of pages 103 and 104 of the User Guide that comes with your phone, and online here:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...ingular_UG.pdf
    Cingular Treo 650 - Firmware 1.31 - Software 1.15-CNG - Hardware A
    Hey guys thanks for all the responses.
    Sorry, Im excited. I dont have the phone or manual yet.
    They should be here by the weekend.
    Yes I got the unlimited 39.99 plan.

I cant wait to get my phone and start using.
    What threads should I read first?
    The ones stickied in GENERAL CHAT and the ones in TREO HARDWARE???
    I wish this forum had an ARCHIVE with only these FAQs.
    Maybe it does somewhere?

Thanks again for all the support!
    This may be helpful . . . http://www.treocentral.com/content/FAQ/index.htm

I would do a search in the forums for "best 650 software" "favorite software" "Mobile websites"(to build a list of site you can visit while mobile to get maps, yellow pages, etc.

Note: don't forget u can view and post on TreoCentral forums with Treo. See mobile forum at top of website
    Make sure that you have the latest firmware on your Cingular Treo 650.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Make sure that you have the latest firmware on your Cingular Treo 650.
    where/how do i find that?
    I think there should be a section for treo650 updates.

trythis

Joe
    Long live the TWIT army!

MKast Wireless
    My Two top Must have software picks are SnapperMail (Versemail sucks) and Volumecare (So You can Acctually Use the 650 asa Phone) We have 12 in our office and use both of these Programs and we constantly use them for browsing our company site & others And email, I spend so little time at my desk that I answer 90% of my email from My treo. We also use Doc 2 go for spreadsheets for quotes all the time.. Enjoy