Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I have the following problem with my Sprint Treo 650 and Navigator 5, and I wonder if anyone else has seen it. If I connect a serial gps to the Treo and use TomTom then I can't sync with the serial port. It seems as if TomTom does not release the port when it exits, as I get a "port in use by another application" message. Also, I have a similar problem if I use a Bluetooth GPS. After exiting TomTom I can't sync using Bluetooth. It seems as if it steals the port just like the serial problem. The only cure, in either case, is a hard reset followed by a restore.

    Anybody else see this?
    Moderator
    www.gpspassion.com
    Associate Writer, PalmAddict
  2. #2  
    I havn't seen that using a bluetooth GPS with TT5, but I also avoid lots of the bluetooth quirks with a tool called BlueFang that enables BT when I launch Tomtom and disables it when I exit. This saves power, and keeps things stable since one of the fixes for BT problems is to turn the BT radio off/back on.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I'll take a look.
    Moderator
    www.gpspassion.com
    Associate Writer, PalmAddict
  4. #4  
    Hi,
    I have TomTom 5 installed and have a serial GPS receiver....and I did not experience that problem.
    Business Case for the Treo 650?
    - Cam-Phone, PDA, MP3 player, GPS navigation, Remote Control for my Home Entertainment (TVedia), VoIP-Phone, USB Stick
  5. #5  
    I've not seen the problem with TT Bluetooth GPS system. I do have to re-pair to BT hotsync but that's another issue. By the way, is BlueFang compatible with T650? I thought it created a call answering problem.
  6.    #6  
    I tried the 1.7 version a while ago and it wouldn't install and popped up a box saying it was incompatible. I put the 1.6 version on my Sprint 650 and it works perfectly. I suspect this may be a problem with GSM phones, not the CDMA ones. I've sent an email to the developer and asked him about it.
    Moderator
    www.gpspassion.com
    Associate Writer, PalmAddict
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulkbiba
    I put the 1.6 version on my Sprint 650 and it works perfectly. I suspect this may be a problem with GSM phones, not the CDMA ones. I've sent an email to the developer and asked him about it.
    Thanks for the info. Let us know if the developer replies. Guess I'll go looking for V1.6 in the meantime.
  8. #8  
    I'm using 1.6 on a Cingular GSM 650 with no problems, but then again, I don't use BT for anything but GPS.

Posting Permissions