Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello, Chatterers (and potential Chatterers)

I have uploaded ChatterEmail 1.1 (stable) to the chatteremail.com website.

Get this latest version of Chatter at www.chatteremail.com in the Downloads section; the manual and Quick Start guide are entirely revised as well.

Major new features in 1.1 are: SD card storage, full HTML rendering (Treo 650), and simplified account creation with wizards for common account types (Yahoo, AIM, AOL, everyone.net, fastmail, fusemail, Gmail, etc...)

Best,

Marc
    Hi Marc,

I'm confused about which version is considered "stable". Is it version 1.1 or version 1.1p that is stable? On your website, there is nothing that says the word stable that I can find.

Currently, I have version 1.1p installed. Is this the stable version?

Thanks, CC.
  3.    #3  
    1.1p was a provisional build; with a few minor fixes, it became 1.1 today. So 1.1 is more recent than 1.1p.

Marc
    "p" was the prerelease.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Sorry, but I'm still confused about this. Here's what I see below from your website for choices. I already downloaded the "Full" version which is 1.1p. At this point, in order to get the "Stable" version, does this mean I now have to also download the "Upgrade" version in order to get the stable 1.1 version??

Previously, a month ago, you had a choice that listed a stable 1064 version, but I don't see this now for version 1.1.

Sorry to keep asking.

-CC

Latest Downloads
    Beta ChatterMatrix SSL - Version: 12
    ChatterMatrix SSL - Version: 12
    ChatterEmail Upgrade - Version: 1.1
    ChatterEmail Full - Version: 1.1p
    Release Notes - Version: 1.1
    Quick Start Guide - Version: 1.1
    ChatterEmail Manual - Version: 1.1
    ChatterEmail License - Version: 1.0
    ChatterEmail BETA - Version: 1.1
    Beta Release Notes - Version: 1.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Sorry, but I'm still confused about this. Here's what I see below from your website for choices. I already downloaded the "Full" version which is 1.1p. At this point, in order to get the "Stable" version, does this mean I now have to also download the "Upgrade" version in order to get the stable 1.1 version??

Previously, a month ago, you had a choice that listed a stable 1064 version, but I don't see this now for version 1.1.

Sorry to keep asking.

-CC

Latest Downloads
    Beta ChatterMatrix SSL - Version: 12
    ChatterMatrix SSL - Version: 12
    ChatterEmail Upgrade - Version: 1.1
    ChatterEmail Full - Version: 1.1p
    Release Notes - Version: 1.1
    Quick Start Guide - Version: 1.1
    ChatterEmail Manual - Version: 1.1
    ChatterEmail License - Version: 1.0
    ChatterEmail BETA - Version: 1.1
    Beta Release Notes - Version: 1.1
    Just downloaded it. Had to go to the website, the Upgrade via Chatter didn't work

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Thanks Insertion,

If I understand your last comment correctly, I need to also install the UPGRADE version in order to get the Stable 1.1 version without the "p".
    Thanks Insertion,

If I understand your last comment correctly, I need to also install the UPGRADE version in order to get the Stable 1.1 version without the "p".
    Yes. Just go to the website, and download and install "ChatterEmailUpgrade - Version 1.1"

9.    #9  
    The webmaster has been slow getting stable.chatteremail.com running, so only the Beta option works for now. Argh.

Marc
    Insertion,

I tried this, but nothing happened. When I tried downloading the Upgrade version, there were a series of questions popping up that asks "Chatter/Utils/Exchange exists, do you wish to delete? Yes/No?? How do I answer these questions? I have tried both ways, yes and no. However, when I go to "About Chatter Email" the screen still shows "Ver: 1.1p[95:48] Sept 23 2005@09:45:41 (c) 2004/5 Marc Blank.

Upon downloading the "Upgrade" is the "About" screen suppose to continue showing the old 1.1p version, or 1.1 instead? Mine still shows 1.1p.

Thanks, Casey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    The webmaster has been slow getting stable.chatteremail.com running, so only the Beta option works for now. Argh.

Marc
    Does this explain why I'm not able to install the "stable" version? I thought I suddenly became technically unsaavy.
  12.    #12  
    It's 1.1 when I get it.

Marc
    Insertion,

I tried this, but nothing happened. When I tried downloading the Upgrade version, there were a series of questions popping up that asks "Chatter/Utils/Exchange exists, do you wish to delete? Yes/No?? How do I answer these questions? I have tried both ways, yes and no. However, when I go to "About Chatter Email" the screen still shows "Ver: 1.1p[95:48] Sept 23 2005@09:45:41 (c) 2004/5 Marc Blank.

Upon downloading the "Upgrade" is the "About" screen suppose to continue showing the old 1.1p version, or 1.1 instead? Mine still shows 1.1p.

Thanks, Casey.
    Mine shows 1.1[95:48] Sep 26 2005@11:48:04

(previously 1.1p)

You did Shutdown & Disconnect Chatter before installing, correct?

I upgraded via Chatter's "Upgrade ChatterEmail" option, and chose beta. The upgrade was fine, and now I have version 1.1[95:48] just like the Iraqi monkey.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Mine shows 1.1[95:48] Sep 26 2005@11:48:04

(previously 1.1p)

You did Shutdown & Disconnect Chatter before installing, correct?
    Insertion,

Aaaaah, yes! Shutdown & Disconnect was the answer! I didn't know this was a required step.

Yes, now my About screen shows 1.1 instead of 1.1p. Boy was this a jig-saw puzzle to figure out!

Lesser mortals would have given up after the first try/failure. On the other hand, smarter mortals would have gotten it right the first time!

Thanks, CC.
    No email to the Newsletter list?
  17.    #17  
    Emails are coming; there's been a lot to do...

Marc
    6 minutes after Marc said the emails are coming, Chatter just notified me via email that the update is available.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Yep...just got my email.

Great work Marc. Really glad I switched over from Snapper. Efficient Sync was a must, though.
    Insertion,

Aaaaah, yes! Shutdown & Disconnect was the answer! I didn't know this was a required step.

Yes, now my About screen shows 1.1 instead of 1.1p. Boy was this a jig-saw puzzle to figure out!

Lesser mortals would have given up after the first try/failure. On the other hand, smarter mortals would have gotten it right the first time!

Thanks, CC.
    Good Job!

Yeah, remember whenever you upgrade, to shutdown and disconnect. (or you can use "UpgradeChatterEmail" within Chatter.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast