Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik57
    I have found that licking the phone end of the cable helps about half the time.
    Well whaddya know, I licked the bottom of my Treo a couple of good times, and voila! Worked like a champ. Maybe the Treo is sexually frustrated.

Thanks Sputnik
    I wasnt having any of these issues until I installed my 700P on a brand new XPPro SP2 machine.

It was driving me crazy because BT HotSync only works sometimes.

I did the ole uninstall/reinstall of the POS Desktop and it worked....so far.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Oh my god (in-whom-I do-not-believe), Licking Hotsync cable connection on the cable and phone worked !!!. I have been so frustrated by this intermittant problem for months with USB Device Not Recognized when I try to HotSync or use TapSmart Keylink (which rocks!). This is amazing. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !!!
    Last edited by liv2surf; 08/23/2006 at 10:23 AM. Reason: typo
    I sprayed the hell out of my Treo with Contact Cleaner. I sprayed so much that it went all throughout the Treo and you can see moisture in the screen when you turn it on. I let it sit for a while to evaporate a little. Now the hotsync works! I'm guessing tomorrow the liquid will have totally evaporated and my screen will be back to normal.
    Electronic Cleaner cured the "USB device not recognized" failure for me again. This time I only cleaned the female side of the contacts on the Treo (as described in the 7/6/2006 10:13 PM post in this thread).
    I licked it, sweet talked it, and even, well, nevermind.... I'm having the same problem as everyone else. Reinstalled my Palm Desktop software, unplugged & replugged all cable connections, switched USB ports back and forth, chanted, lit incense, cussed, prayed and still nothing. Now I'm not getting the USB not recognized, but I'm just not getting the HotSync to work. As Charlie Brown would've said.... "Auuugghhh!!!!!"
    OK, after my Treo and I consumated our relationship, I tried something just a little different that worked. After I rebooted my computer, for good measure, I tried to HotSync again. Last few times I had turned the device on while in the cradle then tried to HotSync. This time, I left the device off and hit the HotSync button while it was off, and it worked like a charm. Won't know til a few more reps (which I'm NOT doing tonight) if that's the trick or not, but may be something to try. Those of us with PocketTunes may be used to activating the device when it is on like we do to activate the PocketTunes sync.
    The lick worked for me!! No problems for the last 10 days and I had installed and re-installed for weeks!!!

What a little lovin' won't do.
    I've had my 650 for years and never had problem syncing. All of a sudden I started to have them
    Now, I don't think as often as I should and it took me a while to remember that I have connected external hard drive for back up purposes.
    Power to HD was off, however it still screwup connected to Treo! Pulled cable out - worked like charm.

Hoipe it helps somebody
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    i've been having this problem with my 700p from sprint. licked, cleaned, reinstalled, rebooted, etc.

nothing freaking works. new cord time or what? im pretty lit up about this.
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbkm85 View Post
    i've been having this problem with my 700p from sprint. licked, cleaned, reinstalled, rebooted, etc.

nothing freaking works. new cord time or what? im pretty lit up about this.
    Do you own an Ipod? Does your computer make the noise indicating that something is attached to the USB port and that it recognizes it? If so, I may have a solution for you guys. Let me know if this is the case.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    it recognizes it for like a split second then doesn't. the error thing has come up, but it doesn't do that all the time.

? i have an ipod, and have used it many times w/ no problems with this damn phone. im thinking it might be the sync cord. even though i havn't been rough with it. i dunno. sprint's no help BTW, they are just like hard reset it, reinstall palm desktop.

i really dont want to hard reset it. ill loose a lot of shlt on there that i really dont feel like puttin back on there.

thanks for any advice in advance!
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    i've had iTunes installed longer than i've had my palm BTW, forgot to say that. i did upgrade to the new iTunes though. and i dont think ive tried to sync since then.

might be the new iTunes? i'm still confused/pissed about this..
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoon View Post
    I sprayed the hell out of my Treo with Contact Cleaner. I sprayed so much that it went all throughout the Treo and you can see moisture in the screen when you turn it on. I let it sit for a while to evaporate a little. Now the hotsync works! I'm guessing tomorrow the liquid will have totally evaporated and my screen will be back to normal.
    I did the same using CRC Quick Dry contact cleaner and it's been working fine for over a month...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Ahh, the internet is a wonderful thing. New 650, synced fine for a couple of days, then started this crap. I knew about treocentral, came over here, did a search, and now I'm syncing again. Thanks, everyone.
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    what'd you do?
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by wbkm85 View Post
    what'd you do?
    Guess I should've mentioned that, huh? All 3- licked it, (that just sounds dirty) cleaned contacts w/eraser, and held the cable in nice and firm during syncing.
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    **** this phone...and the sync cable!
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    I cleaned the contacts, wiggled the connector, held the connector while pushing the button, licked the connector, did a soft reset, took out the battery and waited but I was still unable to hotsync. Next, I uninstalled Palm Desktop and then re-installed it. That did the trick. I can now hotsync with my old cable every time. For your reference, I used PalmDesktopWin414e with a Sprint 650 on a Dell Latitude D620 running Windows XP Pro. But, I still can't get Bluetooth syncing to work.

Paul
    I'm having trouble hotsyncing my 700p. It was fine before i reinstalled windows xp. After the install, it would not hotsync at all. Tried off of the tips here, nothing seemed to work. Is it my treo?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast