1.    #1  
    I have a few questions, and I hope this is the place I can find the answers...

We are looking at getting a few Trio 650 for corporate use. We run a pix firewall and do not allow pop outside of the network. Can the trio use a pop service without having to run the verizon or sync software. In other words, use it as a standone device to connect to the pop3 service directly without having to access a PC that has to be on all the time? (I am not talking about the corporate network here, just person internet email account)

Also, as far as VPN software goes, can I do the same thing as above and just get some VPN software for the 650, connect to the corporate network and pop off the mail without a darn PC having to be on? We do NOT use exchange.

Thanks in advance and I will be checking this forums through out the day...
    the only computer that needs to be on is the pop server you're trying to connect to You don't need any host software/computer to get pop mail in versamail.

I think the answer to your second question is Yes, you can do that. But maybe someone else can go into more detail.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. That will help a lot. Now if the VPN does work, I will just need to find what VPN software for the 650 will work with pix ip sec!
    The vpn depends on your data plan, or so I've heard.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I know VPN works, because there is a section in preferences dealing with it, -Ive just never used it myself.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    The vpn depends on your data plan, or so I've heard.
    I would want to use IPSEC and do nothing more than check a person email directly from the server via the VPN to the corporate network without have to have any PC running anything special as a dependency.