1.    #1  
    After using my 'lifelong' email forwarding from my university for the past 6 years, I have decided that I need an email address that is firstname@firstnamelastname.com. [there seems to be some very very basic spam protection on my university account that stops yahoo groups every onece in a while)

I currently have my email forward to my Fastmail account.

I would either
    1. Have it fwd to my fastmail account
    2. have one that has a good imap provider

I would also like some web storage perhaps for a few webpages. (not expecting much traffic)

I realize that this may require a few different pieces. What does everyone recommend?
    What I've found is the easiest is to get your domain name from godaddy and then just set up email forwarding to aim.com or fastmail. Then you can just change the from and reply to address using fastmail's SMTP server.
    I don't recommend fastmail these days; they've just been too unreliable for me. everyone.net has a good plan for hosting. I have no problem with AIM, except that they're IMAP implementation is flaky.

Marc
    I've had several problems with fastmail in the last couple of weeks, so I am trying out fusemail.

It's great to have the newest version of ChatterEmail including the configuration settings for Fusemail and others. It makes setting up new accounts a snap.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    I don't recommend fastmail these days; they've just been too unreliable for me. everyone.net has a good plan for hosting. I have no problem with AIM, except that they're IMAP implementation is flaky.

Marc
    Now to hijack my own thread.

Okay, so Marc is off the fastmail waggon. When did this happen? You always used to promote fastmail. (I have a two year full fastmail account so am reluctant to switch)

So why did you switch to everyone.net and others on fusemail. Has anyone done a feature comparison of the two?
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisW
    2. have one that has a good imap provider

I would also like some web storage perhaps for a few webpages. (not expecting much traffic)

I realize that this may require a few different pieces. What does everyone recommend?
    I've been using DreamHost.com for about 5 months now and I've been REALLY happy with them. They offer great web hosting and IMAP (IDLE supported) mail.

See this post here for more information on signing up and receiving a SIGNIFICANT discount on your first year of service.
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisW
    Now to hijack my own thread.

Okay, so Marc is off the fastmail waggon. When did this happen? You always used to promote fastmail. (I have a two year full fastmail account so am reluctant to switch)

So why did you switch to everyone.net and others on fusemail. Has anyone done a feature comparison of the two?
    In the interest of full disclosure it appears that Chatter & everyone.net have some type of business arrangement. Not that that is bad, but it wasn't mentioned.

I've been using fastmail forever and I can only remember 1 issue that happened very recently that affected my email service.
    For cheap hosting, you can't beat 2wdh.com. I've been using them for years with various clients.

No, there's no tech support number, (all support is via email and forums) but I've generally had excellent responses from people who knew what they were doing.

You can get a trial account for free for a week to make sure it does all you want.

How cheap? How does under $3 a month sound for unlimited emails, databases, and hundreds of megs of space? You can also register your domain name there for around $8 a year.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
  9.    #9  
    bump
    I've been a satisfied customer of Fusemail for two years. Now, however, I'm also searching for a new host-- this time, for Exchange, so that I can use Marc's new plug-in along with Nexchange. This way, at long last, I can have Contacts and Calendar synch.
    I'll recommend my own services with IMAP and hosting, less than $8.50/month.

Jet-Screamer Hosting
    I second the vote for DreamCast. They are very good.
    -- Go Illini!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I've been using LunarPages for both email and web hosting for several years now. If you're not looking for a web host they're probably a bit pricey, but if your are then they're a bargain. Users can setup an unlimitied number of email (IMAP and/or POP) accounts. I have three accounts I access with ChatterEmail and they work just fine.

LunarPages does have an affiliate program, so if anyone is interested in giving them a try I'd appreciate they use one of the links on my web site, www.arfunk.com.

/Andy
    I use Monster Hosting and it is the best hosting service that I have ever used.

It is based in Canada, so I can take advantage of the exchange rate, which essentially makes it half price for me.

I have a package that includes IMAP, POP3, MySQL, PHP, etc. It's great & works well with Chatter -- I use it for IMAP push.

I suggest that you check out their homepage for more information.
  15.    #15  
    monthly bump.

I like how fastmail has sieve scripts. I am thinking of possibly just using forwarding but I am not a big fan of that.
  16.    #16  
    :bump:
  17.    #17  
    I registered with moniker.com and am thinking of using everyone.net, per everyone's suggestions.

However, I like to use IMAP and my work blocks standard IMAP ports. Fastmail has proxy servers that allows port 21. Does everyone.net have a similar service?
    I'm a very satisfied user of hosted Exchange by Frank Zidar, www.zidar.com. The IMAP implementation works flawlessly with Chatter. 200 MB + spam filter for $10 a month. He delivers great personalized service.
    I'm using Fastmail now, but their current unreliability has me nervous. I need a service that allows a minimum of 25mb maill attachment limit and offers IMAP and IDLE for use with Chatter. Anyone have any recommendations?
    I agree. Currently cannot login to fastmail.