1.    #1  
    These are full-sized ones, not the tiny headphones used in personal portable players.

What are the specs. on the audio jack and the audio in the multi-function connector of the Treo650?

Do they have enough juice to work with full-sized headphones? non-powered external speakers?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  2.    #3  
    Cool! So the Treo works with the Bose headphones.. But, the Bose uses batteries as a power source, which may be providing the amplification needed for use with such "full-sized" headphones.

What about the specifications of the two audio outputs on the Treo? How much amplification do they provide?

I already have a pair of expensive (not noise cancelling) Sennheiser headphones.. but I don't want to connect it to the Treo for fear of damaging the Treo.

My guess is that powered speakers will be fine, as they expect only line level signals, like from sound cards...

Can I connect non-powered speakers to the Treo?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I connected my Sennheiser HD580s and they worked fine.
    I also use Sennheiser PXC-250 noise cancelling which work great. They too are battery powered but the battery drives the noise cancelling. When they are powered off they act like normal headphones.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    I use the Bose headphones (2nd gen) QC2s with my Treo 650 all the time. The battery lasts atleast 6 months plus I carry a spare battery in the headphone case. The battery runs the noise cancellation circuitry. There is not much amplification that I can hear. You can select a hi/low setting on the cable which changes the impedance and results in a higher or lower volume. Both setting are fine with the Treo.

These are great headphone if you are on an airplane. I never travel without them.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  5.    #6  
    Thanks all. I tried out the Bose QC2 (borrowed it from a neighbor) in my last flight. Very impressive. I can imagine how well it'll work while lawn-mowing.

I now need to convince the finance minister (Wife) to justify buying one ....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM