Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    FrozenCode....quit being a little *****. If you don't like your treo, then go out and buy this mythical device that is so much better. You said a few posts back that you'll never buy another Palm product for the rest of your life. Well...then move on, get your next non-palm device and get the f out of here. We're sick of you're whining.
    Ryan
  2. rg1
    Aren't you whining too?
    Quote Originally Posted by rg1
    If you've used a real, stable OS like linux (or any flavor of unix) you've realize that an OS **can** be stable for nearly 1 year (yes, YEAR). This is probably why palmsource is moving to linux.
    What are you going on about? Uptimes? Linux uptime can certainly be well over a year, but we're talking about a PDA, not a server here.
  4. rg1
    Palm OS is moving to linux. A stable OS is in our future.

Oh, and linux isn't just for servers. Your trusty TiVo runs linux.
    That would be fine with me, I use Linux exclusively. But it isn't all that relevant here.

Memory protection would be nice though.. Every time I "Beta test" IM+ I wish I had something of that nature.
    A lot of embedded systems are Linux based. I think some Linksys/Cisco (Cisco took over Linksys right?) routers run on Linux.

Ryan, first off, please don't flame me. I don't think I deserve that. All I am doing is trying to share some of my thoughts on the product with this board, if you feel that my ranting is taking away from the experience of these boards then PM me or tell a Mod, but don't waste space with flames. Thanks. Did you have something you wanted to say about your Treo?

Rg1, I thought a Linux company bought out PalmSource? That doesn't mean they still won't use Palm OS, I would imagine compiling Linux applications to run on a Palm device would be easier than configuring an entire kernel for the device. I wouldn't be surprised if all this company did was bundle their apps into a Palm OS. I wasn't able to read the entire news section though, did the company release anything stating they would be running Linux and only Linux?

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    If there was nothing illegal about it, then these lawsuits would not exist ...
    Based on your opinion, then the only use for a court in a lawsuit is to determine the punishment, right ? Because if the lawsuit is filed, the party must be guilty, right ?

The existence of a lawsuit does not mean there was anything illegal.

The existence of a judgement does not mean there was anything illegal.

The existence of a payout does not necessarily mean there was fault - sometimes one side just gives up.

There is nothing illegal about shipping crappy product.

I do not think all execs are cut throat numbers people, but to say that nothing bad can come from good customer service is a little naive. What about all the folks laid-off when a company supplying stellar customer service goes out of business due to an unprofitable product ? History is littered with companies like this.....
    My goodness! The more I read on these forums about how great the Treo is the more confused I become because there seem to be far too many problems for all of the praise.

I was thinking about buying my first Treo but I am having more than second thoughts. Acceptable bugs are those things where that are minor irritants but when a product periodically just shuts down, well I find that just plain unacceptable.

Is there anyone NOT having problems with their Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by phoby3

Is there anyone NOT having problems with their Treo?
    Mine's great. Volume could be louder. That's it.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    FrozenCode, I agree with you on Customer Service. That is the most important thing to any organization. Also, if you go to a Treo forum and let people know about the problems about Palm products (like Treo...) it's like going to PocketPC and telling people that Pocketpc suck.. In my opinion I'm glade Palm is getting sued. If they had good customer service this would never happen.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybr
    FrozenCode, I agree with you on Customer Service. That is the most important thing to any organization. Also, if you go to a Treo forum and let people know about the problems about Palm products (like Treo...) it's like going to PocketPC and telling people that Pocketpc suck.. In my opinion I'm glade Palm is getting sued. If they had good customer service this would never happen.
    Profitability is the most important thing, unless you are the government and can just print money.

As for coming here with problem - this board is full of people who are here to identify problems, and almost as many people who have developed creative solutions to those problems.

As for reliability - please search for the threads containing polls on Treo reliability and whether or not folks like them. What you will find is that the vast majority have very few problems and like the device very much.

It's like anything else, sometimes the whiney folks get all the attention
    I really don't understand some of you people who are satisfied and complacent with a DYSFUNCTIONAL DEVICE. Possibly you have more money than brains.

Let's see, what if your cars or TV's performed sub standard with costant freezing and reliability issues?

From my stand point, I'm a professional, and with this phone, people likely think I'm a "piece of junk" too.

It is supposed to aid and support my work. It does not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They have replaced my phone 3 times with a REFURBISHED phone. Totally weak and unnacceptable, and the damn thing still has these issues.

1. PATHETIC VOLUME
    2. RESETS WHEN I UPDATE A CONTACT.
    3. RANDOMLY TURNS ON WHEN LOSE SIGNAL.
    4. VERSAMAIL REBOOTS, FREEZES, SLOWS DOWN.
    5. POWERS OFF AFTER 30 SEC DESPITE CHANGING PREFERENCES.

Palm Techs on the phone admit to this problems and tell me the "engineers are working on it". They go further to tell me they have the same issues on their on samples that they use for tech support.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    The Man, the majority of users are pretty happy with their treos. No doubt, they are a complicated design and maybe they have a higher rate of problems. (No one really knows about this.) However, most Treo users accept a few problems for the convienance and capabilities of the Treo. It sounds like you should trade yours in and find another phone or pda that meets your needs and is 100% reliable.
    The freezing problem is not acceptable. You can not buy a phone that lose your calls!! I totally agree with The Man.

The rest of Treo Features are GREAT.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeskin
    I really don't understand some of you people who are satisfied and complacent with a DYSFUNCTIONAL DEVICE. Possibly you have more money than brains.

Let's see, what if your cars or TV's performed sub standard with costant freezing and reliability issues?
    sorry that my stupidity offends you. Usually, when I buy something and it doesn't work, I'm just dumb enough to return it as opposed to constantly replacing it and whining about it.......

I don't know about you, but I don't have any custom hacks loaded to my tv or car. Is your Treo factory fresh with NO added software - have you updated the firmware - if it stills doesn't work, get a new Treo or a new phone.
    Exactly Jagger ! Let these people who support Palm have a defective car or TV and we'll surely hear about it.

These people who support Palm and this Beta 600 and 650, are defective in their heads !

Some of us rely on these device for work and professions, and not to play games, music and talk trash.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeskin
    Exactly Jagger ! Let these people who support Palm have a defective car or TV and we'll surely hear about it.

These people who support Palm and this Beta 600 and 650, are defective in their heads !

Some of us rely on these device for work and professions, and not to play games, music and talk trash.

Testy little fellow for only 41 posts.

I happen to use my Treo daily for business and since the firmware update, it has been flawless.

Lean in so you don't miss a word of this - IF THE TREO DOESN'T WORK OR WORK FOR YOU, RETURN IT, GET YOUR MONEY BACK AND MOVE ON !

Somebody once said, insanity is doing the sam ething over and over and expecting a different result......
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234