1.    #1  
    Anyone have a positive online buying experience w/ their 650?
    OK. I was ready to take a $200 beating & buy my Treo from one of the local brick & mortar outfits for $299. Well, one guy yesterday didn't have it in stcok but could get it from his other store in a couple of hours. That was yesterday. Its a day later at 8:30 PM, no phone. So called another place asked if they would match the price. Yes. Only if I get the $59.00 plan. He also said that unlimited data would be an addtl. $19.95. So I get in the car, drive a half hour to get there before they close. Unlimited "Data" ( I asked three times on the phone, BTW) really means something else, apparently. The real unlimited data is $39. I'm done wasting my time with these people. They're worse than car salesman in these parts.

Has anyone dealt with:
    Buy.com
    MyTreo.net
    YouNeverCall.com

Or anyone else online? Did you get a good phone? Did it break? Did you get jerked around? If I could save a couple of hundred bucks, I could put that into insurance, etc. Thanx for your advice.

--==ForestCat==--
    I'll throw into the ring where I got my 650 from like 2 weeks ago, though it was an eBay seller, so no carrier discount or anything. If it interests you, let me know and I'll PM you the eBay ID.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
  3.    #3  
    snoslicer,
    Sure, I'll check it out. I've been doing a little homework over at cnet, and I might have answered my questions about the above mentioned websites. All inphonic. Lots of bad mojo.
    Anybody bought a Cingular 650 directly from PalmOne? They want $299, still better than what's locally available, but if their sales csr's are all in India or the Phillipines, then I'm back to square one...
    Last edited by ForestCat; 09/24/2005 at 09:25 PM.
    Remember that PalmOne (I think) will only give you that low price if you are a new to cingular customer. Otherwise, I think they jack it up a notch for a renewed contract. The eBay user ID I bought my 650 from was jason_hutch. My eBay ID is snoslicer, so you can check out both our feedbacks. He sold me an unlocked one without branding on the exterior for 479 shipped, which was pretty good considering I am not with Cingular, so I have no other way to get it other than from Palm ($650!!!!!!! Yeah RIGHT!!!).
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    I bought from this guy:

http://stores.ebay.com/007-CHOICEDEALS

It was a brand new unbranded in the box Treo 650 that I am using with T-mobile.
  6.    #6  
    I would be a new cingular customer. That's what pisses me off so much about these local stores. I can get a new 650 from Verizon (Circuit City) for $299 and I am an _existing_ customer. If I go to cingular as new customer, they want to charge me $399 for the phone with an identical two year contract. That's pretty arrogant, IMO, when in these parts, its pretty much a given that Verizon owns everything (has the best coverage). If the Verizon 650 only had EVDO capability, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Its sad to think that the US were once technical innovators. It seems to me that the entire american corporate structure is one giant marketing clusterf!#k. Because of EV-DO, I might have considered the 730 or even the 6700 from sprint if their battery life was useable, which based on other forum posts, it is most definitely is _not_. (lots of talk about how to carry your extra battery, which is as big as the phone, as well as cheering for who's been able to make it through the business day without a low battery warning...) So for my money, the Treo is still the best game in town, and unless someone can show me otherwise, Cingular still has the best data service (in NJ) for the treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by eafenyes
    I bought from this guy:

http://stores.ebay.com/007-CHOICEDEALS

It was a brand new unbranded in the box Treo 650 that I am using with T-mobile.
    His cheapest phone is $529- that's only $120 less that direct from Palm where you are assured of a verified warranty. Heard a couple of stories about eBay Treos not being eligible for Palm warranty. Plus, through Plam I was able to use AmEx which gives me an additional year of warranty coverage. So, it's a gamble for the sake of $120.
    If you look hard enough on ebay you will find new in box factory sealed unlocked unbranded GSM for between 450 and 475. Usually you just need to contact sellers and specify what you are looking for. I got mine for 465 including shipping and insurance from CA to NY. It was the same as if I had bought from P1. Be careful because many on eBay are calling phones unbranded unlocked where they were Cingular, but then reflashed with the unbranded ROM. This is not the same as factory unlocked. There will usually be some small notation on the phone or box that identifies it as Cingular. Ask a lot of questions to be safe.
    However, the OP stated that s/he will be a new Cingular customer. Therefore, if s/he has any problems with the phone, gets it warrantied, and it's reflashed with Cingular firmware/sfotware/subsidy lock, there wouldn't be a problem.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by ForestCat
    snoslicer,

Anybody bought a Cingular 650 directly from PalmOne? They want $299, still better than what's locally available, but if their sales csr's are all in India or the Phillipines, then I'm back to square one...
    I bought 2 650's from Palm and all went well, took about 10 days but no real problems except their csr's are a bunch of idiots.
    I have used Newegg.com for all my computer related purchases for a number of years. They are as reputable as it gets with very competitive pricing. Resellerratings.com give them a 9.6 (10 max).

You will probably find a better price on eBay but I do not mind paying somewhat more for the peace of mind that comes with a known reputable business.

Last week I purchased an unbranded 650 from them.
    Last edited by RhoXS; 09/25/2005 at 07:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ForestCat
    snoslicer,
    Sure, I'll check it out. I've been doing a little homework over at cnet, and I might have answered my questions about the above mentioned websites. All inphonic. Lots of bad mojo.
    What have you heard or what is your experience with InPhonic?
    Palm Professional --> Palm III --> Visor Edge --> Treo 90 --> Sprint Treo 650
    I used OTI. If you are (or say) you are a Realtor affiliated with Cendant then you can get a very good deal through sprint. See more @ http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=oti