Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    where do we download java? and does it cost money?
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adriana
    where do we download java? and does it cost money?
    No it does not cost money. You can download it from www.palm.com/us/surpport/jvm/
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    thank you! im new and i just got my treo today. would you happen to know how can i remove prgrams from the treo 650 like veramail because i have no use for it and when i installed the cd, i saw window media player 9, is that for the treo or the computer?thanks
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    thank you! im new and i just got my treo today.
    I figured by your post count.

would you happen to know how can i remove prgrams from the treo 650 like veramail because i have no use for it
    You can remove some apps by hitting the menu key then delete, but for programs like Versamail, Real Player, BizCon, etc. it is going to be a little harder. These programs are going to require you to make a custom ROM. You should not do this till you have researched it thourghly. You can get started by searching here on TC for "Custom ROMs". You can also goto www.shadowmite.com to learn more about it. Again, do not try it without fully understanding it!

i saw window media player 9, is that for the treo or the computer?thanks
    Windows Media Player is going to be for the computer. What you might want to look for is a program called "Pocket Tunes".With this program you stream music from the "internets"-GWB Oct. 8th 2004 and play MP3 and other audio formats on your Treo!! Again, search for it here on TC.

By the way welcome to TreoCentral, welcome to the Treo family/posse/gang/syndicate, and congrats on getting the new Treo. Remember to search before asking questions cause some people might not be as nice as me.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    thanks! i sure will next time. i am so excited about my new treo 650, i just cant wait to install stuff to use with it. but all these program sure cost alot of $$. my 430 just went for the treo im not sure i have enuff for all these programs