View Poll Results: the freeze issue is a fact: what to do now?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • wait for a firmware upgrade

15 50.00%
  • ask for a replacement

4 13.33%
  • ask for money back

2 6.67%
  • live with it

9 30.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3013
    This sounds somewhat familiar to an issue I/we used to have on Kyocera 7135s that was solved by unchecking the box "Enable Local Network Time" under preferences, date & time. Has anyone tried this to see if it fixes the issue?
    Unfortunately this workaround has been reported (also by me personally) not working.

I think that we only need to wait for the new firmware.
    On GSM Treos I believe it's directly related to an app attempting to access the internet (use data) while the phone has lost the signal (No Signal, or SOS only.)
    I NEVER experience in my home area where I have a strong signal everywhere (no coverage holes whatsoever.) But when traveling where I may travel in an out of coverage areas mine does freeze. For example when I was in NYC my phone was frozen every single time I came out of a subway station after having been out of coverage.
    Now as soon as I turn off all programs that automatically use data (such as checking email or an IM app) I don't get freezing at all in those same sitations. Example again, in and out of subway tunnels.

I could be wrong, but this is what I've observed as far as I can tell. If you get a lot of freezing, try disabling all apps that use data automatically for like 2 days to see if it improves.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    On GSM Treos I believe it's directly related to an app attempting to access the internet (use data) while the phone has lost the signal (No Signal, or SOS only.)
    I NEVER experience in my home area where I have a strong signal everywhere (no coverage holes whatsoever.) But when traveling where I may travel in an out of coverage areas mine does freeze. For example when I was in NYC my phone was frozen every single time I came out of a subway station after having been out of coverage.
    Now as soon as I turn off all programs that automatically use data (such as checking email or an IM app) I don't get freezing at all in those same sitations. Example again, in and out of subway tunnels.

I could be wrong, but this is what I've observed as far as I can tell. If you get a lot of freezing, try disabling all apps that use data automatically for like 2 days to see if it improves.
    Hi Taylorh,
    my freezing experience is quite different and much less frequent.
    It happened only twice in one month. Where I live I have quite a good signal but sometimes it happens to go out of coverage. I do not have any apps set to work in background.

My conclusion is that to disable apps requesting network signal in background can help, but it is not the "final solution" to our problem.

Do you agree?
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12