Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    I've heard this before, but I haven't been able to contact the developer (maybe I should try again). I send the file the "correct" way, as far as I know; there aren't any other attachment types that don't work with Chatter. I would guess that mVoiceMail doesn't accept the data properly, but it's just a guess.

Marc
    I have exactly the same issue as LewisL77 when trying to play Chatter voicemail attachments with mVoicemail on my Treo 650 GSM unlocked.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    faxtalk.com
    Quote Originally Posted by luria
    Hey Wildcard:
    The only way I can get wav voicemail attatchments to play is by:
    loading the attatchment; selecting viewer-sounds is the only choice I have and then play the sound selection ????....
    Stephan
    This is also the method I use and is adequate for me.
    I've tried mVoicemail but I have to save the file to SD card first and then open it in the application, which IMHO takes longer...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    The only way I can get wav voicemail attatchments to play is by:
    loading the attatchment; selecting viewer-sounds is the only choice I have and then play the sound selection ????. It works but it takes so much time with the slow loading, converting, selecting viewer........
    I am unable to get this to work. I select the sounds and it goes through its 'conversion' but doesn't play. It ends up in my Manage Sounds 'folder' but it won't play.

Ahhh I had a glimmer of hope that was once again swashed! Any help would be appreciated.
    Yea, this is the only part of Chatter that I wish were different and the only reason I still keep versamail around. What takes seconds to download and play on versamail takes several minutes to download, convert and play via "sounds". Being a doctor, I need to respond to voicemail left at the office that comes to me as an email wav attachtment all day long. At this point I just go to versamail and "get" whenever chatter with a wav comes in.

Oh well, we can always hope Santa (I thought that hat looked familiar, Marc ) might have a present in his bag for us this year???????

Stephan
    Quote Originally Posted by luria
    Yea, this is the only part of Chatter that I wish were different and the only reason I still keep versamail around. What takes seconds to download and play on versamail takes several minutes to download, convert and play via "sounds". Being a doctor, I need to respond to voicemail left at the office that comes to me as an email wav attachtment all day long. At this point I just go to versamail and "get" whenever chatter with a wav comes in.

Oh well, we can always hope Santa (I thought that hat looked familiar, Marc ) might have a present in his bag for us this year???????

Stephan

As a professional relying on Chatter as my email solution, and vm (via wav files) a necessary evil, I second the emotion of having Chatter pull the same feat off that Versa does so well. I also keep VersaMail around solely for opening wav loaded emails forwarding my emails from my voip system.

MikeX
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Okay this is a 'top of mind' post
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I recently wrote MotionApps regarding the 'incompatibility' of Chatter and mVoiceMail and here is a snippet of their reply.

"We have been working with the developers of Chatter mail in order to make mVoiceMail compatible with their e-mail client, but unfortunately we have not reached a satisfactory solution yet. Currently Chatter does not allow proper third party integration with the e-mail client and therefore we have not been able to add support for it."

I am not a technical person so I have no clue what would be involved but, if Versa, Snapper and Good suport this, I can only hope that Chatter will bridge this gap in one of its future updates.

~~~ gottago ~~~

NOTE: In this case, compatible is being defined as being able to tap the wav link within Chatter and have it play. This would alleviate having to save the wav to the SD to play.
    I have no idea what he's talking about. Chatter does exactly the same thing as every other email client does; it passes the data to the 3rd party application. Why would Chatter work with every other type of attachment but this one? It makes no sense!

Marc
    If someone will send me one of these wav attachments (to support@chatteremail.com) and a contact email at MotionApps, I'll try to talk with them again.

Marc
    All,
    I have been able to do this by using MMPlayer. I download the message using Chatter, choose open and it gives me the option to use Sounds, MMPlayer, or mVoiceMail (I downloaded it after reading this thread). MMPlayer works fine. I was not able to get mVoiceMail to work though. The .wav file I am getting is from Vonage.

Good Luck
    Any chance of emailing me one of these wav files for testing?

Marc
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Marc, a test wav file and related correspondence has been redirected. Thanks for your attention.

At this point let me go on record that I am a big fan of Chatter and more importantly the phenomenal support. I understand that this wav file issue may not be high on the priority list and it is not like I can't hear my voicemails at all, I just thought you should be aware of the response from MotionApps.

~~~ gottago ~~~
    My list of apps that comes up when I click on the .wav file includes Lightwav, and for grins I tried it...and it works...
    Charliec
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Yeah my voicemails are working great with mvoicemail and Chatter. Way to go Marc!
    The only .wav files i recieve are forwarded by my voicemail. Is it possible to implement an automatic opening of the .wav with mVoicemail after it has been downloaded?
    I guess it's possible, but it wouldn't be a high priority at this point (I've got lots to do!)

Marc
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12