1.    #1  
    I love VeriChat, it's a great app, while a little buggy sometimes, overall a great app.

I sent off an email to PDA Apps, but thought I'd throw the question out here too.

You know the pop ups that come up when your in another app or the Treo was off and it turns on for an IM. It has the buttons at the bottom to Ignore, Quick Reply, Chat and PDMs.

Is there anyway to turn off that feature????

It's great most of the time, but sometimes I'd much rather a beep in the background so I can continue what I'm doing in the other app I'm in. It gets most frustrating when it comes up when I'm switching between apps, and then my Treo gets a little confused for a second and I have to wait for it to catch up.

Just curious :-)

EDIT: Forgot to post what version of VC I'm running. I've been running 2.86b and just upgraded an hour ago to 2.89b.
    Last edited by mtnmunch; 09/23/2005 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to post version of VC
    Cingular GSM Treo 650, Apple PowerBook G4, iQue 3600, iPod Photo 60GB
    PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Palm M505 > Garmin iQue 3600 > Treo 650

Seek first to understand, then to be Understood
    Where did you get 2.89b? I can only find 2.86b on the website or through the app itself
  3.    #3  
    Cingular GSM Treo 650, Apple PowerBook G4, iQue 3600, iPod Photo 60GB
    PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Palm M505 > Garmin iQue 3600 > Treo 650

Seek first to understand, then to be Understood
    Thanks, after reading that I might hold off for a while.

Re: your question: AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$'$s$ $no$ $way$ $to$ $turn$ $the$ $pop$ $ups$ $off$
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I think the pop ups are the "instant" part of instant messenger. If your not interested in getting messages for a period of time you can just hit the menu, signoff all and exit or signoff. Nothing will come through and you will look offline untill you log back in. Then any messages sent to you while you were offline will pop up.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)