Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm sure like many of you, I recieved an email from a different site hyping the advantages of Initiate as a launcher, and offering a special intro price.

http://mytreo.net/store/product.php?xProd=16

I'm currently using zLauncher, just because there's still not enough memory in the 650. I'm wondering if the two apps are compatible, or if there's really no need for one or the other.

Anyone have any experience comparing the two?

Thanks,
    Barry
    Yes, anyone? I just won a free copy of Initiate from mytreo.net & I'm ready to load it, but what do you all think?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I tried (based on the same email). I use LauncherX (patched for 650). They worked together with no troubles. Although Initiate looked very nice and the quick search and launch feature was nice (type the first few letters of any app and WHAM, it lauches) I like the ease of of use in Launcher X better. It is simpler than Zlauncher, but not quite as feature rich. It was a real pain to remove and I could not uninstall it without using a 3rd party de-installer.

I can't believe that after a couple of years without development, LauncherX is still even a player, but it's ease of use, ability to launch from the card and create shortcuts to apps on the card so they can still sync, and its clean look still make it tops in my book. I have been using it since I had a Handspring Prism. It really is too bad the developer passed soon after its launch and skin creation was never really advanced.
    you got pm
    Got the same email. As I was already working up the courage to finally try some launchers out I installed it. The out of the box experience was a bit mediocre. You really have to understand what the icons on the bottom of your screen do. I took the trouble of actual reading the manual on its website, and once (after 15 minutes or so) I got the hang of it, I was hooked. This is one hell of a launcher.
    I also like the way the author stands behind his product and the fact that he offers a light version which just launches applications for only 1 dollar.
    I registered it the same evening.
    Initiate is awesome!
    good to see you dutchie...
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    good to see you dutchie...
    The only thing keeping me from trying Initiate is that it still uses the pld PalmSource databases (via the DataManager interface). I have been avoiding such apps. for the sake of reliability and stability. Many folks have to resort to dbScan to fix problems with DataManager.

I have requested Rob (on MTDN) many times to consider supporting PalmOne databases directly. Maybe he'll do that if he gets tired of the support issues with DataManager ....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    zlauncher is so much better!!
    http://m1.aol.com/mg092983/3.jpg
  11. cng
    Dport. I have same skin and absolutely love it. It has sounds, icons, everything! How you get your tabs like that? Also, what is that little ball beside battery life? I hid the two toggles under and over the scroll bar and mines a little less transparent. What is the best way for me to take a screen shot?
    Quote Originally Posted by cng
    How you get your tabs like that??
    do you mean on the side?
    menu
    options
    ZL pref
    in general

'tab mode' change to left...or whatever u want.

Also, what is that little ball beside battery life???
    that ball is the connection to my tmobile...aka signal

What is the best way for me to take a screen shot?
    i use snap. do a search in google for 'snap'
  13. cng
    Thanks! I'll post a picture soon.
  14. cng
    http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/4373/bf5b7d5b2lw.png
    http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/3599/bf5b7e3e3vw.png

The first one is the one before. The latter one is the one after inspired by dport.
    looks good. way to 'almost' copy. hehe. good job tho.
  16. cng
    Love the Zlauncher profile saving. I can go back and forth without having to go through the process of a million settings.
    Those are nice themes, are they available somewhere? Just wondering.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    This is in ZLauncher. The first shot is what I normally see, the second is with the tab selector opened (selecting a tab will switch to that tab and close the bar), and with the bottom bar which contains the memory used in both RAM and SD card, the file manager, soft reset and display brightness buttons.

The "Main" tab contains the 9 apps I use the most on the Treo, while the other tabs catagorize everything else. I find it very easy and fast to get to what I need when I need it. Since each tab has a different background, I can tell even without looking at the tab's title on the upper right which tab I'm currently on at at a glance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Zlauncher is much more "flexable", and has more functions, plus i dont like that it always says initiate (or can that be changed?)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...p-BF5BC62A.jpg
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    What theme is this and where can I download it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast