Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Have any of you heard of StyleTap (it's supposedly a WM emulator of Palm OS 5.2)? I've asked them about supporting Chatter, but their (obnoxious) attitude was that nobody had expressed any interest...

If any of you are interested potentially in a WM version of Chatter (or if you'd just like to stir the pot a bit), you could do worse than write them and ask about it...

http://www.styletap.com/index.html

Marc
    Done.

I'm all about stirring the pot. I was this || close to buying StyleTap...
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Done.

I'm all about stirring the pot. I was this || close to buying StyleTap...
    Have you tried it? I demo'd it a few months back. Not very impressed, and some things (Agendus I believe...) just did not work.

I didn't bother with Chatter though.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Just tried it: Unsupported system trap (OxA349) called.

I guess now I'm this | | close to buying it.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  5.    #5  
    lol! I'm sure it doesn't work; the question is how far off are they?

Marc
    Just tried it: Unsupported system trap (OxA349) called.
    That seems strangely familiar. I would get those too.
    I guess now I'm this | | close to buying it.
    I don't want it. It is better than the previous emulator someone released back about 4 years ago, but nothing worthy enough for me to keep.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    No... I won't be buying it. It seems to exist only to run really old and no longer updated - but still unique to the platform - Palm apps.

Don't feel bad Marc. I can't run Doom on it either. (kidding)

On the other hand, I am *very* interested in a WM version of Chatter...
    So am I. I would definitely go back to WM, or rather get a WM phone if I could have Chatter. However, I think that's the great thing about Chatter. Marc can devote his energy to one program/platform and I think that only helps it's quality.

So am I. I would definitely go back to WM, or rather get a WM phone if I could have Chatter. However, I think that's the great thing about Chatter. Marc can devote his energy to one program/platform and I think that only helps it's quality.
    I'd seriously consider making the switch back, too. I've only had one WM device, but I think the hardware tends to be a bit more isolated from the OS. It might be a bit less, uh, quirky - and therefore perhaps a bit less of a development challenge to support various devices. But I'm no developer.
    Not that I'm sayin' any particular Palm devices with built-in keyboards might be quirky.
    It may be worth your while to think about this Marc. Especially if it becomes a year or so before a new POS treo comes out? All your current customers that want to upgrade would gladly pay another license fee for chatter on WM (and so would all the WM people who have never gotten a chance to use it).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Now that a WM Treo has been announced, PLEASE begin porting Chatter for WM5. I just moved to a 6700, and the only thing missing is Chatter. My wife will be getting my T650 though, so we'll be keeping Chatter
    Chatter is the one thing that is keeping me from considering a windows treo
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Chatter is the one thing that is keeping me from considering a windows treo

Same here. I don't want to bash Palm in every thread, but a company more in-touch with the community would have probably standardized Chatter by now. (Or at least after the final stable 1.1).
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Marc, for what it's worth, my 2 cents would be in support of the development of a WM version as well. I think the writing is on the wall for the future of PalmOS in wireless devices. A WM version would further give you access to the PPC and Smartphone versions, the latter I bet will be even more prevalent in the coming years. To my knowledge, there is no product that is as complete an e-mail client in the WM world (I think WebIS Mail is the closest, but without push and certainly less flexible), so I think a WM Chatter would not only draw Palm converts, but probably a number of WM loyalists, as well.

I know that this would be a significant undertaking and would probably affect the rate of innovation that we are used to seeing in Chatter (I'm still pining for that IMAP browser functionality to allow me to scan old mails in many folders without creating multiple mailboxes :-) ), but I'd really hate to see you tie your only horse to a burning stable.

Paul
    I'd support a windows Chatter too! I'd consider a switch definitely, but the lack of Chatter would probably keep me on my 650 for a long time to come.
    Count me in the Camp of, I'd switch but for lack of WM Chatter.
    Pete
    No thanks. I don't need a handheld with a Start Menu.
    Windows Mobile: Chatter? YES

The combination of Treo form factor and Windows Mobile 5.0 is going to be a very big winner.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    so mark will we be able to switch platforms when windows platform comes out next year and not pay for chatter again?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast