Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    fkjr2, give the man a break, he's trying to earn a living here! You want him to commit to a monster port job with no associated revenue stream from current customers? That's just asking way to much. That's not even respectful.

I love the fact that all current upgrades are free -- most vendors don't do that, so be happy with that... I'd bet that if he did make the jump, all future upgrades would be free once you purchased the orginal app.
    didnt mean to put him on the spot or make him commit to anything, just was wondering if thats possible, if not no biggie
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  3.    #23  
    IF there's a WM port, my instinct is to provide it free to existing customers; the problem is that I probably won't be doing the port, and it's likely to be expensive. So I guess I'll reserve judgment on that...

Marc
    Should I move to a WM treo I would be happy to pay for what is essentially a new product.
    For the record, I'd be willing to pay the same cost for WM Chatter that I paid for Palm Chatter. It would still be a bargain.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    IF there's a WM port, my instinct is to provide it free to existing customers; the problem is that I probably won't be doing the port, and it's likely to be expensive. So I guess I'll reserve judgment on that...

Marc
    Marc: I think you would be selling yourself short and be committing a disservice to yourself. A WM Chatter version is going to take your time to complete and I am willing to bet that almost everyone (assuming they are willing to migrate to WM) would be more than willing to pay for the app.

CHARGE US!
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

This might be one of those rare cases where a poll is justified.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    As a current Chatter customer, I would gladly pay to purchase a WM Chatter version if I switch to a WM device. Even if there was a program similar to Chatter for windows mobile, myself and every Treo owner I know would purchase the WM Chatter because of Marc's tremendous customer service and brilliant work.

If you did provide it for free, I would have to donate the price of a new one to ya anyway....so just charge ;-)
    I will pay again for WM Chatter. I think the problem here is going to be with WM5 and Exchange (new SP) push will be an easy thing so this may be a non-event to develop the software.
  10.    #30  
    gharrod - Well, yes and no. Exchange push will be implemented, but NOT push for other types of servers.

Marc
    When the WM version comes out, count me in also. Ben
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Same here. I'd pay full price for it again. I don't expect you to port such a great app for free. If I switched from Mac to Windows, I wouldn't expect any other software publishers to allow me to receive a free copy of their software simply because I switched platforms.
    Marc, have you ever consider using the SHARK Development Kit?

http://www.mobilewizardry.com/multi-platform/index.php

It would seem like a good way to port your apps to WM...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I would pay again for Chatter on WM. Gladly.

I have had three Pocket PC devices, know my way around WM and I have just completely given up on email on these machines. The built in client is feature-crippled and unstable, and WebIS Mail, although getting there, is horrifically slow and also has stability issues.

I have tried Versamail, bought Snapper, and am now trying Chatter. Chatter mail is looking to be the best of the bunch so far, but as usual each app has things that I like...

Personally, I think you would do very well out of a WM port of Chatter and I am a guaranteed customer.

J'bm
    Marc Ive only used chatter for about 5 months and just bought the matrix last month in addition to chatter and the matrix again for my wife. Now I have a WM device but still would be extremely happy to pay again for WM Chatter
  16.    #36  
    I can tell there would be a good deal of demand for Chatter on WM devices, but at the moment I have no plans to port it there. This may change, of course, but I'm not in a big hurry (neither do I understand anyone's hurry to abandon Palm Treo's for WM Treo's, but that's another story).

Marc
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12