1.    #1  
    Hi folks.. I'm a new Tomtom user. I currently have a Garmin Quest GPS which works great... but I'd like to use tomtom more. Is it possible to plan a route from the US into Canada on TT5?

Does Mapopolis allow you to plan routes between maps? Has anyone done this?

I know that there is an all cities map on TT5, but I think the coverage of those cities on that map is not so good as the regional maps... and also that seems to only cover the US not canada.
    you can definately do it with mapopolis. I just traveled from cleveland to toronto with a breeze
    It looks like the US/Canada border is a "road block" in TomTom. There don't seem to be any regional maps that cross the border so I assume that navigation across it would be a two step process using two different maps. Given the large number of regional maps that TomTom provides, it seems like an omission on their part. It's possible that they might provide a composite map through their plus service if there are enough requests.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tahkuct
    you can definately do it with mapopolis. I just traveled from cleveland to toronto with a breeze

Ha! You are in Cleveland also? I'm a Clevelander. Imagine my surprise when I was playing with tomtom, and I hit POI-> Companies, and I saw that mapopolis is actually here in Cleveland!

Anyway... Because of my garmin usage I know that the Navteq maps are much much MUCH better than the Teleatlas... can you tell me a bit more about how the mapopolis functions? do you frequently navigate from one map to another?

I'm planning a trip from seattle (I'll be flying out there) to vancouver... and thats what made me realize the problem. While traveling within the US TomTom will work fine, but to canada, or between rural region in the US, probly not too hot.
    I grew up in Cleveland, so that's probably why I bought Mapopopolis <hehe>!

Go Indians/Browns!

Greg