1.    #1  
    I'm so frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW, 100% that I entered a meeting into the date book for today. Somehow, probably when I synced, the entry was deleted. Now I don't know if my lunch plans are for noon or for 1:00.

Can someone help? Has this happened to you? How do I fix this?
    Are your conduits set correctly? (like Handheld overwrites, Handheld wins in conflict)
    Is it possible you entered it for another day? I do that sometimes. I've never had one disappear.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I bet you have it set for one to overrite the other instead of sync. Did you run one of those "delete duplicate" applications lately? That could have done something

Also, are you sure you entered it correctly? ie. you pushed save or whatever if you entered it on your desktop
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    Are your conduits set correctly? (like Handheld overwrites, Handheld wins in conflict)
    Yeah. I made sure it's set to "synchronize the files."
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Is it possible you entered it for another day? I do that sometimes. I've never had one disappear.
    I've done that too, but I searched for the name I entered and couldn't find it anywhere.

Man. I was sure this was happening to others too.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    I bet you have it set for one to overrite the other instead of sync. Did you run one of those "delete duplicate" applications lately? That could have done something

Also, are you sure you entered it correctly? ie. you pushed save or whatever if you entered it on your desktop

Yeah. I'm sure. This has been happening quite a bit since I switched to the 650.
    Shooting in the dark here.

How did you upgrade to your Treo 650? Did you directly hotsync to a prior device's userid? If so, we have some clean up work to do.

Cheers, Perry.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Shooting in the dark here.

How did you upgrade to your Treo 650? Did you directly hotsync to a prior device's userid? If so, we have some clean up work to do.

Cheers, Perry.
    I cleaned it up, but maybe I didn't clean enough. What do you have in mind PH?
    Did you enter it on the PC or the phone?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    If you did sync to a prior userid:

Hard reset
    rename your backup folder on the PC to backupold
    Palm>Programs>userid> backup . . . . . . . .to backup old
    hotsync to the userid
    you should have all your PIM data back on the Treo but no 3rd party software
    install fresh your 3rd party software (not from a backup)

some 3rd party settings brought forward to the 650 by a direct sync to a previous userid make it do some strange things.

I actually did this:

I sarted with a brand new userid for my 650
    beamed my PIM data (memos, appointments, tasks & contacts) over from my T3
    and installed the 3rd party stuff fresh.

Cheers, Perry
  12.    #12  
    Here's what the problem seems to be. Palm Desktop doesn't automatically save date book entries. So, if the program crashes before you manually save or it goes through its timed save, you lose your data.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions