Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I received over 2000 junk mail items and am now unable to delete them. I have tried choosing them all with the standard delete function and let the Treo 650 sit for over an hour while attempting to delete with no luck. Any suggestions?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Dawson
    I received over 2000 junk mail items and am now unable to delete them. I have tried choosing them all with the standard delete function and let the Treo 650 sit for over an hour while attempting to delete with no luck. Any suggestions?
    Stop given everyone your email address, maybe change your address ?
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Dawson
    I received over 2000 junk mail items and am now unable to delete them. I have tried choosing them all with the standard delete function and let the Treo 650 sit for over an hour while attempting to delete with no luck. Any suggestions?
    I would try and delete chunks at a time (i.e. delete 100 at a time).
  4. #4  
    This is probably not the easiest, but what about cleaning up your e-mail from your PC, e.g. through Outlook, web interface, etc.? Then you could wipe your e-mail on the Treo and start fresh. Although this is not a longterm solution because the spammers have your e-mail address. You might want to get a g-mail account and switch. They have good spam filtering.

    LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

    (R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
  5. #5  
    This won't solve your problem, but once this is resolved, you might want to look into an IMAP mail server along with Chatter for your email client. At least this way you'd be able to delete the emails from a PC.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. #6  
    The problem is he is being spammed to death, either a spam blocker, or change his amail address, the damage is done.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Dawson
    I received over 2000 junk mail items and am now unable to delete them. I have tried choosing them all with the standard delete function and let the Treo 650 sit for over an hour while attempting to delete with no luck. Any suggestions?
    not sure what email app you use but all the ones I have used have a Purge function - as in purge Inbox - which would delete everything en masse in your in tray.
  8. spiVeyx's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    you might want to look into an IMAP mail server along with Chatter for your email client. At least this way you'd be able to delete the emails from a PC.
    This is a great suggestion. Let me tell you why: I made a significant code change to software project at work; this piece of software is designed to send critical errors to the developer (me) by way of email. The change I made created a MASSIVE bug causing THOUSANDS of emails to be generated, and in turn, sent to me.

    All I had to do with my IMAP mailbox was delete the emails from my desktop and then reload my Chatter email box.

    IMAP is the way to go!

    Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, I fixed the bug.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx
    This is a great suggestion. Let me tell you why: I made a significant code change to software project at work; this piece of software is designed to send critical errors to the developer (me) by way of email. The change I made created a MASSIVE bug causing THOUSANDS of emails to be generated, and in turn, sent to me.

    All I had to do with my IMAP mailbox was delete the emails from my desktop and then reload my Chatter email box.

    IMAP is the way to go!

    Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, I fixed the bug.
    After your long administrative leave ?
  10. spiVeyx's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    #10  
    Hey! No one was supposed to know that!

Posting Permissions