Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21  
    Yep - ifinally go the message on mine as well. The nweb blazer seems OK. I wasn't able to delete blazer using the standard delete option - it didn't appear on the list. Am I doing something wrong?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon
    Yep - ifinally go the message on mine as well. The nweb blazer seems OK. I wasn't able to delete blazer using the standard delete option - it didn't appear on the list. Am I doing something wrong?
    Blazer is in the ROM so you cannot delete it using the Delete command in the Palm menu.

    Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Blazer is in the ROM so you cannot delete it using the Delete command in the Palm menu.

    Timmay
    Thanks for the heads up on that. I thought I was doing something wrong too. I can't believe they discontinued it, it there is no way to delete it.

    Annoying.
  4. #24  
    Hi,

    I'm curious if there is a custom/manual proxy server we can add to take the place of the "disabled" one. There is a place to put your own proxy. Just not sure if it would work.

    Anyone?
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lgodave
    Hi,

    I'm curious if there is a custom/manual proxy server we can add to take the place of the "disabled" one. There is a place to put your own proxy. Just not sure if it would work.

    Anyone?
    I would venture to guess that the proxy system implemented for Blazer is not a standard system. Therefore, running your own proxy system would require making your own "Blazer back-end". As far as I know, the transmission protocol between the Blazer server and the client has never been investigated and the Blazer server has never been offered for sale to the general public.

    Not even the TelCos have it or are willing to host it, as evident by the fact that the modern Blazer's (such as the one in the 600) require no such sever back-end.
    -- Go Illini!
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaak3
    They haven't turned it off for Sprint yet, Blazer is still working fine for me (just tried it, and yes I cleared the cache first! ).

    I probably will delete Blazer from flash memory and replace it with nweb. According to JackSprat, after deleting Blazer there should be 1336k of free flash memory.
    I've installed the Novarra browser but don't know how to delete Blazer from flash memory. How do you do that?
  7. #27  
    Hi,

    I thought it was unlikely to delete the actual blazer program from the Treo... I suppose you could clear/reduce your Blazer Cache file and such. But the Blazer file is there to stay. Yes?
  8. jaak3's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by pbeeler
    I've installed the Novarra browser but don't know how to delete Blazer from flash memory. How do you do that?
    Use JackSprat to delete it, use JackFlash to install NWeb into the FlashROM.

    See this website for the programs to do it.
  9. #29  
    have you try xiino.prc to replace blazer iin treo 270
  10. #30  
    Would like to know if the Eudora Internet Suite for the Treo 270 works well does anyone have any experience here http://discussion.treocentral.com/mi...=0&forumid=54#
  11. #31  
    I use the nWeb browser and the Eudora email client on my Treo 300 and am pleased with both. The only reason I don't use the whole Eudora suite is that I already was using nWeb and didn't really feel a need to switch to the Eudora browser but I guess I'll check that part out at some point.
  12. jpizzaj's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #32  
    kinda off topic here but i am a die hard visor user and i experienced this a while back on my visor with the blazer version that came with the wireless module, i found the novara browser very good and i use it alot but i didnt know it affected the treos lol ill have to dig out my old 180 and check XD
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoopy View Post
    I use the nWeb browser and the Eudora email client on my Treo 300 and am pleased with both. The only reason I don't use the whole Eudora suite is that I already was using nWeb and didn't really feel a need to switch to the Eudora browser but I guess I'll check that part out at some point.
    Been having issues with my nWeb Browser on my Treo 300 since Friday. Getting a Communication error. Which I suspect might be the proxy server in nWeb... I'm still able to use the Eudora Text/Web Browser so I know my data connection is OK.

    I did a hard reset and hot synced from a previous backup... That didn't help. Was hoping there may be a good alternative available if nWeb is going to keep giving me grief. My T300 is showing it's age but it's still doing what I need it too. Figure after this battery dies (and my current contract is up end of the year) it may be time to replace it.

    Thanks,

    David
  14. #34  
    Checked Palm's Treo 300 website and tried Pocket Link... Which has some issues but does give me some functionality. Google works... Nice Interface.

    I tried a different proxy in nWeb (webpro.palm.com) which does seem to be working (except for my homepage www.cnn.com, but I'm not getting a communication error). So the proxy is probably just down...
  15. #35  
    Well nWeb has been dead (both proxy servers) for sometime now... Been going along with Eudora's Text Browser (and Pocket Link until it expired).

    Might just have to give Sprint a call and see if they can help out (besides say I need a new phone/contract).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions