1.    #1  
    Okay, I've been here awhile and still don't search well. Over 500 responses for a search of "menu button not working". I didn't use the quotes, should I?

Anyway, I just went to hotsync (backup) my wife's 600 and noticed that her menu button is not working on any aps or the phone. It beeps, but nothing. I also noticed that the button that I usually use to turn the lights on (the power button on far right) turns on the light, but goes directly to the messages screen. In preferences it is still set as default to 'power'. I did a soft reset, system reset and then a hard reset and all with the same results. Can anyone please tell me what's wrong with this? By the way, I got it new in May.

Thanks.
    Last edited by RickMG; 09/23/2005 at 07:26 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Well, no answers yet, must be a record. Anyway, here's an update of what I've done. I called Verizon and they are going to send a warranty replacement (refurb). He said he'd put a note requesting a 650, but doubts that will happen.

Their warranty replacement center is in, you guessed it, Houston. It's now evacuated so it will be over a week before we get it. At least everything works except the menu button.

I did notice an arrow on the top of the screen way to the left of the signal bars going towards the right and curving upward. I can't find this icon anywhere in the book. The tech didn't know what it was either, but said the phone hasn't used any data.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    I did notice an arrow on the top of the screen way to the left of the signal bars going towards the right and curving upward. I can't find this icon anywhere in the book. The tech didn't know what it was either, but said the phone hasn't used any data.
    Sounds like the line call forwarded indicator?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    Sounds like the line call forwarded indicator?
    You're right, it does sound like what others have said about the arrow but it's never been forwarded, and it does ring when called. What's funny, is now, the volumn up button works like the phone button on the 650 and shows the last calls made.

Verizon is sending a new phone, but only when their center in Houston opens again. They told us, that if that's the best they can do and it could be weeks. I have 23 stores in my surrounding area, but they aren't allowed to do warranty exchanges. I was so mad yesterday at Verizon, I couldn't tell you. They told us to go buy a phone and return it in 15 days. Worst customer service I've ever seen. They have given me more aggravation in the last six months than I've gotten from my kids.