Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When you make the switch you should start from scratch with installing synch and palm software. I have a lot of friends who just tried to synch with the profile from thier old palm and it let to nothing but nightmarish headaches.

Better to just start over the Treo way. IMHO,
  2.    #22  
    Treo-mike,
    I agree. Rather than go way off topic, I spun it off as a new thread
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=96582
    When you make the switch you should start from scratch with installing synch and palm software.
    MAINLY- Guys, thank you so much for the generous help in this thread. It helped me greatly. Just to update you all, I wound up with a brandy new Cingular 650 from a Cingular (recently converted ATT) company store in a _mall_ of all places. Now here's the kicker ( don't start winging stuff at me... ):
    I got it for $199 with the usual two year $39 voice/$39 Unlimited Edge plan. How? The salesperson quoted me that price over the phone. I said (with a rather impressive amount of self-control, I might add...) "I'll be right there". When I got there, I was told I had been quoted a price on the wrong phone. I basically blew a head gasket, told them that this was the third time that a Cingular dealer had done this to me in two days (true) and that this wasn't gonna cut it. A call to corporate, and the price was honored. Happy ending (at least on the acquisition phase )
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12