1.    #1  
    When I use realplayer to play songs stored on my 1gb toshba SD card, songs stutter at about every10s. I know it has to do with the read/write speed of the SD card, but is there a work around? is there an app or ra player that would buffer more than 10s and would have overlapping buffers so it won't stutter? or is there a way to copy the songs into RAM as it is playing then move it back to SD, copy the next one .... etc (automatically)? I did a search so back off if that is all you are going to say
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    When I use realplayer to play songs stored on my 1gb toshba SD card, songs stutter at about every10s. I know it has to do with the read/write speed of the SD card, but is there a work around? is there an app or ra player that would buffer more than 10s and would have overlapping buffers so it won't stutter? or is there a way to copy the songs into RAM as it is playing then move it back to SD, copy the next one .... etc (automatically)? I did a search so back off if that is all you are going to say

I don't use Real Player because of a lot of reasons you mention - Pocket Tunes seems to work better for me but then again I'm just a Rock and Roller so?
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    When I use realplayer to play songs stutter at about every10s. I did a search so back off if that is all you are going to say
    Hey...

How did you get those old Mel Tillis records to work on the Real Player?

Chuck
  4.    #4  
    I have ptunes, which is much better than realplayer, but it does not play rm files.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I had the same problem playing mp3s off my card. I downloaded and tried TCPMP (http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about) which doesn't play rm files but seems to work on mp3 files without the stutter.

Jason
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Although TCMP will play them and it is free it has some drawbacks. PTunes is awesome. I avoided it for a long time and kept using realplayer. When I finally tried ptunes I was impressed by the look, the ability to tell it to automatically turn off after a given time, the equalizer, etc. Great piece of software.