Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got a Treo 650 yesterday. Ive been askin question on howard forums, but they referred me here.

I installed AIM form aol.co.uk but everytime I try to sign on with a screen name it doesnt load up the buddy lists. I was wondering if there was something else I needed to do. Also, sometimes when I try to run aim, my phone reboots. Is that normal? I see ALOT of people talkin about the GSM version rebooting. (I have the cingular one)

I also saw alot of people talking about applications on here like zlauncher, chatter and others. I was wondering if you could maybe recommend a few applications that might be worth my time, and what some of them actually are? lol Zlauncher is like a file manager right?

Thanks in advance.
    Curious on this too. I just want a pretty simple AIM program for my treo 650.. I installed Toccer but have yet to try it out.
  3.    #3  
    I used this

http://www.aol.co.uk/aim/palm/

Whats Toccer, and where could I get it, if I wanted it?
    Check the Communication forum.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  5.    #5  
    Im about to download Toccer and try it out...any idea though why it doesnt show my buddy list when using the aim app i downloaded???
    you got PM.
    toccer works fine on a cdma treo 650, but sucks the life out of your battery pretty quickly.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    ^ also uses SMS. great program yes, but for sending and received messages if u dont have a unlimited sms ur paying out ur **** on that.
    verichat is the best, using data, if u have data u dont have to worry about paying for the IMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by dport
    ^ also uses SMS. great program yes, but for sending and received messages if u dont have a unlimited sms ur paying out ur **** on that.
    verichat is the best, using data, if u have data u dont have to worry about paying for the IMs.
    Toccer uses data only. There is no option to use SMS.
    really? i thought it showed up as a new text message. when using verichat is says a new message i believe..not text.
    Are you referring the the alert popup when you're not in Toccer? That alert is not specific to SMS or any application. The contents of that alert are handled by the individual applications.

In Toccer's case it writes:

1 unread IMs from SomeBuddy
    Latest Message:
    Blah blah blah
    oh, well i didnt like toccer anyway. verichat is good for me. plus its free....or is it...hmmm
    no, its not free.
    no, its not free. It's $25-$40 a year.

http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat/verichat.html

The aim.co.uk Version works fine on my Sprint Treo 650 CDMA.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    sam - nevermind. lol.
    that aim thing uses sms. i think. lmao
    i dont know..all i know is that i got verichat.
    FYI, Sprint has finally enabled 2way SMS with AOL / AIM. I have been using it the last couple of days and it works ok. All AOL / AIM IM's arrive in my Treo's SMS inbox. For me, since I have unlimited SMS this is a good alternative to using VeriChat.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    How did you get this to work? I have been waiting for Sprint to get smart on this issue...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast