1.    #1  
    Just bought the Treo 650 on an Orange (UK mobile phone operator) contract and having read the hack by Shadowmite to enable wifi and subsequently buying a 1GB SD card and the palmone wi-fi card I am now following the instructions; I've copied the download to the SD card, placed it in the Treo but nothing happens!! If I go into card info it says unknown. What am i doing wrong?? Coupled with the fact that I've never used palm before I may be doing something really obviously wrong. Anyone help me, anyone???
    Quote Originally Posted by mistymonkey
    Just bought the Treo 650 on an Orange (UK mobile phone operator) contract and having read the hack by Shadowmite to enable wifi and subsequently buying a 1GB SD card and the palmone wi-fi card I am now following the instructions; I've copied the download to the SD card, placed it in the Treo but nothing happens!! If I go into card info it says unknown. What am i doing wrong?? Coupled with the fact that I've never used palm before I may be doing something really obviously wrong. Anyone help me, anyone???
    Hey....

BE VERY CAREFULL HERE........

MAKE SURE THE HACK IS INTENDED FOR ORANGE PHONES

If you download a Shadowmite ZIP file onto the phone, the treo does not recognize ZIP files. The Shadowmite WIFI hack has a self installer inside the ZIP file.

You will have to either move the ZIP file from the card to a computer or download it again to a computer to open the ZIP and then install the WIFI hack installer PRC to the phone. When the installer PRC is on the phone, tap on the installer icon to install files.

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by mistymonkey
    I'm on Orage also. As far as I know, Shadowmite's WiFi hack does NOT work with GSM phones, only CDMA: this quote is from the Endgadget forum:

"It was made pretty clear it only works on CDMA phones (like Sprint) and not GSM phones (like Cingular) because shadowmite has a CDMA phone"

It's a pain - I would like to have WiFi too.....
    How is the speed of this hack compared to your typical Sprint download speed?

Is this a real pain in the *** to install?