1.    #1  
    yes, call me an *****, but I just received the about 7th replacement unit of a 650. palm had offered me the money back, but I thought to stick with the 650. anyway, with my units murphy's law applies. with all of them something is wrong. I wonder if palm never heard of QC. with the latest unit: a black dot in the middle of the screen. no, not a dead or hot pixel, just a dot on a plastic layer underneath. yes, this dot is irritating, as were the non working side button, the constant resets and many more issues with previous devices.

one thing is sure: this was my first and my last palm device.

the day the SE P1000 appears or whatever it is called - I'm gone.

just want to warn other people. the treo 650 hardware is a shame. such a beautiful nice concept - such problematic devices. I know, many will say now "not me, over here all is perfect". well, not here.

if you got a problem with YOUR device, let palm pay for its substandard QC and send you new devices until your satisfied.
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    yes, call me an *****, but I just received the about 7th replacement unit of a 650. palm had offered me the money back, but I thought to stick with the 650. anyway, with my units murphy's law applies. with all of them something is wrong. I wonder if palm never heard of QC. with the latest unit: a black dot in the middle of the screen. no, not a dead or hot pixel, just a dot on a plastic layer underneath. yes, this dot is irritating, as were the non working side button, the constant resets and many more issues with previous devices.

one thing is sure: this was my first and my last palm device.

the day the SE P1000 appears or whatever it is called - I'm gone.

just want to warn other people. the treo 650 hardware is a shame. such a beautiful nice concept - such problematic devices. I know, many will say now "not me, over here all is perfect". well, not here.

if you got a problem with YOUR device, let palm pay for its substandard QC and send you new devices until your satisfied.
    Ba Bye....

Well, I can certainly understand your fustration.

I'm still on my first Sprint/T650 since December '04. Mine has hit hard floors and concrete numerous times and has gotten wet twice. Still working great, even being over clocked.

I quess I'm lucky since I bought mine at a Comp USA store at full retail.

I will by the next Treo when available and give this one to my brother.

Chuck
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Well, I've had the exact opposite experiance. I went through multiple 180's and 270's due to design flaws (hinge) but the 650 has been rock solid once I moved to a GSM unit. It's been the best PDA/Phone combo I've owned.
    If you are having resets I'd wipe the unit back to the factory config and quit loading other software. I've had zero issues using the factory config, but have caused resets when loading 3rd party apps.