Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Is anyone else still having problems connecting to MSN messenger using verichat? I can get aim to work, but not msn.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    no problems here
    i have 2.86. can i just install the new 2.89 or do i need to uninstall or delete 2.86?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah
    The Palmgear page said 2.89 but when I went through the process of downloading it, clicked the legal agreements, it lead to a link to a file with 2_33 in the name.
    Same for me. I originally purchased from Palmgear. If you extract the prc you will notice it's november 2004. I wouldn't install it. How can I get 2.89 or is 2.86b the latest?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Not to bring up an old thread, but I tought I would mention it. I was having major issues with Verichat. I think I had 2.86b installed and many resets. Hard reset and only had Verichat installed internal. Still had resets, many times 2-3 a day. Found a thread about a more stable version, that being 2.33b. So I installed it and whoala, it seemed to do the trick, no resets. Anyway, the license I was using wouldn't work, so I emailed Pdaapps with my concern. They sent me an email back with a link to 2.89b and said its more stable than 2.86b.

I just installed it, so I don't know yet if it's more stable.

I figured I'd bring this up since everyone seemed a bit concerned about the file from Palmgear. I'll link the 2.89b download shortly, as I'm on a different computer right now.
  6.    #26  
    I just don't understand why PDA Apps still show the latest version as 2.86b.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I don't either, I actually had to go to their site to look, because I wasn't sure which version I had. I check and saw 2.86b, so I figured that was the latest version. I will send them a follow up email, and suggest they put 2.89b in their download section. I checked my version and confirmed it is 2.89b.
  8.    #28  
    Not to mention when you do a "check for updates" in Verichat itself 2.86b is recognized as the latest version.

Even stranger.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Here is the email I received from Pdaapps..Hope it helps

Thank you for contacting PDAapps Support.

Please install the latest version over-the-air by pointing your Treo's web browser to www.pdaapps.com/ota/2.89/VeriChat.prc and see if it fixes up the issue. Version 2.89b is more stable than v2.86b.

Thanks for your Patience.

PDAapps Support Team
    http://www.pdaapps.com/support.html
  10.    #30  
    Thanks for the link WTF.

I just installed 2.89. We'll see if there's any difference I guess.
    There are a few versions of Verichat floating around out there and this is what I have found: Verichat 2.33b has always worked well and continues to work well (it doesn't have some of the newer features though). When I first installed Verichat 2.86b, I had all sorts of issues (resets) relating to how in reacts to Chatter e-mail being "always on." If I take Chatter offline, then 2.86b is fine. I updated to Verichat 2.89b, and it is more stable (with regards to Chatter) than 2.86b, but still not nearly as stable as the old 2.33b.

In the end, while 2.89b was more stable than 2.86b, I would still get occasional resets. Again, my particular issues are probably due to Verichat and Chatter and if you don't use Chatter, then you may have different results.
    I use 2.88b, which they sent me as a special version for Cingular users. It's been quite stable. I got into a lot of trouble when I tried 2.89b, so I emailed them for 2.88b again. If you want it and use Cingular, you need to email their support center.
  13.    #33  
    Can you post 2.88 here?
    Don't have it. It would be best if you emailed the support for it. They respond fairly quickly.
  15.    #35  
    I thought you said you were using it?
    I don't have it any longer on my computer to upload. Also, they are handing it out on a case by case basis, so I'm not posting it public in respect of this. So again, email support, and tell them your issue, and they'll send it out.
  17.    #37  
    Okay.

But FYI for future reference all the .prc files on your device are stored in the back up folder on your PC.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I suggested customer support put 2.89b up in their download section. They responded and told me it was a beta version, that's why it's not up. Also asked how it was working for me, and if it was more stable. I have to say their customer support is great!
  19.    #39  
    LOL

If it's a beta version why is it available from Palm Gear!
    Also, all of their versions have been betas (unless the b means something else at the end of the downloads on their website).

I hope better development will come now that they are bought out.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast