View Poll Results: What do you pretend from Palm?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing, I'm OK with my Treo 600/650

63 38.18%
  • A full refund - I'll never be a Palm customer again

10 6.06%
  • I want my 600/650 to replaced and fixed

27 16.36%
  • I want a 100$ upgrade for the next model

65 39.39%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    Another example of a frivolous lawsuit wasting time and the money. That is the problem in todays society. If you didn't like the treo don't buy it or return it. I can't see going one hour without mine. IMO it is the greatest gadget to come out in my lifetime.
    I don't agree with you at all.
    I discovered the freezing problem (please see my thread/poll about it) on the first of my 4 650s after 3 weeks. With the current european law you can obtain a full pay back within the first week of use after the purchase. After you can not obtain it unless you go through a lawsuit.

I LOVE the features of my Treo, but I really can't find on Palm feature sheet that sometimes your phone could freeze with the result of losing (forever) calls and messages. Am I wrong? Is this a phone or not?
    Is there then written somewhere in a Palm documents that the substitution rate is so hight? Me plus a friend of mine: 7 Treos for the freezing problem in 3 month? Does it make sense? I live in Italy where Vodafone coverage is very very good, much more better then US!! I'm not complaining for few reset a week after installing tons of crappy apps.

I can't see going one hour without mine like you and this is the reason why I bought it. Now nobody is going to give my money back (around 800 bucks)........if my 4th Treo will run into other freezing event I'll go into an endless REFURBISHED FREEZING TREOs REPLACEMENT?

That's why I hope this lawsuite will give to us Treo/Palm lover better products and Customer service.

Waiting for your feed back.
    Last edited by vittogn; 09/23/2005 at 07:15 AM.
    I want... I want.... I want.. JEEZ!!

I want people who dont like a product to take advantage of the manufacturers very reasonable return policy and stop whining for handouts!!!

I've been part of a few class-action suits (not by choice, I was just part of the class)-- some reasonable (a stock I owned where management was severely cooking the books, for example), most not. The settlements are generally laughable (on the aforementioned stock, I took a five-figure bath on it, got a settlement of a few hundred bucks. Lawyers cleaned up, company was sold for spare parts, many lost their jobs-- as much due to the lawyers as the sleazy upper management). I have thrown away several teeny settlement checks and coupons because the suits were a load of crap, and I will do the same with any puny settlement on this.
    Its about time! I support 100's if not 1000's of Treo's. They have the worst return rate I have ever seen.
    Not saying that a lawsuit isn't bad, but don't expect a lot in return of the lawsuit. The only people who will be really happy about it are the lawyers.

Back in 2001 I was using a ground setting DVR product for Dish Network (Satellite TV) that was called the DishPlayer that was co-developed by Microsoft (or was it WebTV, which didn't matter because M$ bought them)?

You paid for the service of the TV and another $9.95 in order to have Personal TV features such as recording shows. Frequently this device would lock up, required frequent software updates over the Sat signal (loosing your recordings during each update at the time). Etc. Many paid over $399.99 when first purchased and after several years a class action lawsuit was settled.

What did I get? 5 free PPV coupons (Pay Per View) that were for Dish Network. What a joke! The Lawyers got tons of money and all that happened was the DishPlayer was canceled, etc. But Dish Network is still making money and still selling DVRs (just not in development with M$).

I expect something cheesy in the resolution of this one as well.

May be usefull to remind the company that it's good to be good to your customers, but the unhappy Treo users are not likely to see remediation that is spectacular in their own account. Forget it for a full refund desire. Probably get 5 MobiTV PPV coupons
    I think both my unlocked Treo 650 kinda suck - * BUT * - it is the best multi tasking pda/smart phone out on the market.

I do however regret drinking too much last night.
    Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    Its about time! I support 100's if not 1000's of Treo's. They have the worst return rate I have ever seen.
    Would it be fair to say that the rate of returns that you have seen have significantly went down as the updates have come out?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Would it be fair to say that the rate of returns that you have seen have significantly went down as the updates have come out?
    They all required hardware returns. (buzzing headset)
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    They all required hardware returns. (buzzing headset)
    But what is the return rate like as of late? Has it gotten any better (I ask because it 'sounds' like there have been less problems versus when the 650 first came out.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I got mine about three weeks ago and really like it so far. I have only tried a few apps so far, izzymail,Zlauncher,picsel viewer( still havent solved my pdf issue but sounds like docs to go is working on it) and now adobe reader which i havent evaluated yet. no problems really so far and it is such an imorivement over the separate pda and phone. With the bluetooth headset I am multitasking like nobodies business. I do have o say it has made a quantum leap in my communication abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho

I don't remember signing up for beta testing... Do you?

-Mike
  11. e40
    Think of the $100 as a beta testing fee (and I sure earned that much and more).
    Quote Originally Posted by fstmstngs
    I don't remember signing up for beta testing... Do you?

-Mike
    I KNOW I didnt sign up because I never upgraded to the 650 Arguably everyone else did when they made the jump (remember all the memory issues )

I want a 3 year warranty or some way to buy insurance. I think the Treo is worth every penny. I just sucks that if it is lost broken or stolen you r screwed. Even my $1400 apple iBook has warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    That's why I hope this lawsuite will give to us Treo/Palm lover better products and Customer service.
    The lawsuit will not give you better products or better customer service. What the lawsuit will give you is LESS innovation. The math is simple...lawsuit = higher risk...higher risk = less innovation. If it wasn't for companies like Palm pushing the envelope (and taking risks) and trying to do things with devices that have never been done before, then we'd all still be using a Nokia 6160 (i.e., basic cellphone).

If you don't like the device for whatever reason, don't buy it, take it back, or never buy from Palm again. That is the only real way to punish / reward Palm or any other manufacturer for their efforts. Lawsuits just transfer a consumer's ability to choose the products that succeed to a lawyer and a few angry plaintiffs who obviously don't understand the way markets work (albeit slowly, but markets eventually do work!) or don't give a damn.

Lawyers and lawsuits have a place in society, but this kind of lawsuit really is a joke.
    I hope Palm get their backsides kicked. They deserve it for all the trouble they have caused us. I would join the three people bringing the lawsuit against them. I can't understand why so many of us cheer and smile gleefully just because the treo turns on and makes a "ding-a-dong" sound. I for one want more. Like, erm, being able to make and receive calls. Just because it "kind of" works isn't enough. As for discounts for upgrades etc, I would prefer to wash my hands of Palm altogether. All those saying, "I love my Treo......Treo is magic etc etc.....nothing wrong with my Treo" I am very happy for you that you have not suffered like I have.
    Actually, all I would ever ask for to mitigate the issues of my Treo is one last firmware upgrade that fixed VersaMail, then I think I would have a trouble free device. Granted it is a Hardware Rev. B, which on a whole is quite a bit more stable.
    bit_bucket
    What ever happened to this one? Anyone know the status of the suit? I could look it up but don't have the time today. Thanks
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Insertion, your avatar is frightening me. There's an awful lot of busy-ness goin on in your posts too. LOL blinky bold colorful..... it's like a Christmas tree.

Bek

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Nothing, I'm OK with my Treo 600/650

And I hope this thing gets dismissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    I'd like to understand from you guys what are you gonna do/request if Palm will lose the lawsuit
    Well, I guess I've always wanted to meet more girls....
    I'd like free gas for life
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast