1.    #1  
    Yep, deleted them all... no more "Utils" or "System" or "Media".

Categories were useful in the days of my T3 and its Graffiti input, but the built-in keyboard of the Treo changes all that.

The thing is, with the ability to find an app by just typing the first two letters of its name, I now found myself using the built-in "All" category exclusively.

I find this new configuration much cleaner and easier. I hide the "Unfiled" category and just use four tabs ...
    - "Today" - Plugin tab with calendar / todos (startup tab)
    - "All" - All my apps
    - "Card" - Contents of the SD card
    - "Prefs" - All the prefs categories.

Very cool.
    I noticed that I only really use half a dozen or more apps on a regular basis for my every day use. I've put those into one category for easy viewing...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    How exactly did you do this? I know this will be an "of course!!" moment when you tell me, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it....
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  4.    #4  
    Menu > Tab > Delete Tab
    Thanks! I had tried that but was in "Unfiled" while trying......which would obviously not work.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Interesting. I just got ZLauncher. I might do the same, but you can't just have All can you? You have to have everything in an Unfilled file also right? Or, another file call All right?
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS

Categories were useful in the days of my T3 and its Graffiti input, but the built-in keyboard of the Treo changes all that.

The thing is, with the ability to find an app by just typing the first two letters of its name, I now found myself using the built-in "All" category exclusively.

I find this new configuration much cleaner and easier. I hide the "Unfiled" category and just use four tabs ...
    - "Today" - Plugin tab with calendar / todos (startup tab)
    - "All" - All my apps
    - "Card" - Contents of the SD card
    - "Prefs" - All the prefs categories.

Very cool.
    I just did pretty much the exact same thing last week and couldn't be happier. I have exactly the same setup except no Prefs tab. Then on that All tab I have hidden all the utilities that I would not launch on a regular basis (AutoExec, SyncAll, Profeo System Alarms, Sandman, etc.)

The result is a very clean experience with no clutter - perfect setup for me.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks
    ... you can't just have All can you? You have to have everything in an Unfilled file also right?
    I don't think you can delete either "All" or "Unfiled" tabs. However, you can hide either or both of them. Just click the "Hide" box in the tab's properties.