1.    #1  
    Under the security menu I am set up as...

Password: Assigned
    Auto Lock Device: After 5 minute(s)

Yet, sometimes I can go for hours between uses and still gain access using just the Keygaurd, or other times I have to enter my code after only a few seconds. What am I missing?

Thanks,
    Robert
    I have a similar issue; however, I use chatteremail that has activity that keeps the device inactive for my setting time period. check for apps like autoupdating email apps, instant messaging apps or others that keep the device awake or my cause the timer to reset.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I've noticed that mine does this too, occasionally.

I have a 'padlock' lock icon on Zlauncher and if I need to be sure that my Treo's locked then I just click this icon (much quicker than going through the Security app).
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  4.    #4  
    When I switch between applications (email, SMS, memos, etc.) is there some way to shut them down, or do I just go on and open up the new application as I am currently doing? Is this what is keeping my treo busy?

Thanks,
    Robert