1.    #1  
    It seems that the words used to complete by themselves in Contacts (e.g. when I typed "Gr" then Grand Rapids would pop up). I didn't have a third party app for this as far as I knew.

Now it is not happening. Is there a parameter that I can set in the Treo 650 software that will start this again?
    Last edited by deer8; 09/21/2005 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Better wording
    Hi Deer8 !!

At the moment, this function is only working for my city and state lines on creating a new contact or editing an existing one. Is it limited to those two lines?

I have done some playing. It appears that only my home city and state will auto fill in this manner. Other cities and states that I know that I have in my contacts will not auto fill.

Okay, how does the system decide to auto fill Grand Rapids for city and MI for State? I have no business card selected and my home address is a suburb. Could it be selecting the city and state that are listed most in the data base for fill in this manner only?

Does this make sense?

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/22/2005 at 10:29 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Perry.

I'll mess with some of that too.
    Checkout Textras:

http://www.dovcom.com/textras.html

It's a 3rd party app that is more powerful than the Treo's autofill feature and has more features...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I believe the autofill is stored in the AddressCitiesDB, AddressStatesDB, etc files that the OS creates as you enter new contacts information. If I remember right, deleting these files "erases" all of the stored cities, states, etc, but reappears after adding a new contact. it just remembers recently ENTERED data in a new contact, and doesn't scan your whole address book.
    -- berto