Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Been using chatter for about two months now, and love it.. but I've noticed a few quirks and was wondering if anyone else has seen them.

I have about 1800 messages (spread between three mailboxes) on my SD card. Whenever a new message comes in, there is a noticeable freeze (of anywhere between 4 and 10 seconds) on my Treo while the message is "received". This will happen no matter what app I'm in, as it's coming in to the background of the phone. I'm guessing this is SD storage specific - but I am using a Sandisk Ultra II card - so the write is as fast as possible. I'm also wondering if it has to do with the number of messages I have... anyone else storing lotsa mail?

The other bug I've noticed with recent RCs is the occasional White Screen during Chatter start up. What will happen is after either upgrading, reseting the treo, or hotsyncing, when Chatter is not running in the background, upon starting there is about a 30 to 40 second pause (on a white screen). After chatter finally does start, the pauses are gone - so I can flip back and forth into and out of chatter with no delay. Again - I'm wondering if that has to do with the number of messages I have.

Anyone else have these issues, or have as many messages as I do on your Treo? Just for reference, running on a Sprint CDMA T650 - 1.1RC10. Thanks.
    I have had the white screen issue ever since upgrading to RC4 or RC5. Im now using RC9 and I keep zero messages on my treo.
    I've had the white screen lately also. I thought my Treo was freezing - I guess I need to wait longer before doing a reset.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    So when does this happen?

Marc
    Holy crap cue. Clean out your mailbox. ;-)
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    So when does this happen?

Marc
    From my previous message :

Quote Originally Posted by cue79
    The other bug I've noticed with recent RCs is the occasional White Screen during Chatter start up. What will happen is after either upgrading, reseting the treo, or hotsyncing, when Chatter is not running in the background, upon starting there is about a 30 to 40 second pause (on a white screen). After chatter finally does start, the pauses are gone - so I can flip back and forth into and out of chatter with no delay. Again - I'm wondering if that has to do with the number of messages I have.
    If you need any more detail, I'll do my best to provide.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DTom
    Holy crap cue. Clean out your mailbox. ;-)
    That's only about 5 weeks of mail too...