1.    #1  
    Today a woman in my office asked me if I could turn her 650 on. Just like my wife, no matter how many times I pressed the button, I couldn't turn it on. I couldn't get to the Palm applications or anything. Everything was frozen. I did a soft reset and nothing. Then I did a hard reset and the phone went through the setup process past the "press Z", and then to hit the stylus on the screen. Nothing happened, just the bulls eye showing up. Each time I reset it went to the same place.

I told her to take it to the Verizon store down the street and try and exchange it because it was doing nothing. Stuck on the stylus setup screen and couldn't get to the Palm programs or anything. Fifteen minutes later she was back. The problem....she put a screen protector on last night. The guy at Verizon took it off, and then put it back on. Problem solved. What happened? How could this cause the Treo to virtually shut down? By the way, the only program she's ever added was directory assistance.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    It's a pretty common problem when a screen protector or something else gets stuck under the edge of the screen... the touchscreen constantly thinks something is pressing on it and the treo won't do much of anything.

Brett
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS
    It's a pretty common problem when a screen protector or something else gets stuck under the edge of the screen... the touchscreen constantly thinks something is pressing on it and the treo won't do much of anything.

Brett
    Now why didn't I think of that? Thanks, hopefully this will help others. I searched, but obviously didn't know what exact words to search.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS

Brett
    I had exactly this problem with NuShield screen protectors: the core essence of their design is that they slide into the gap between the body and the screen. WhenI fitted the product, all touchscreen and 5-way capability was screwed. spoke to NuShield support and they couldn't solve, recommended returning the products for full refund.....
    I had nearly the same problem very early on with my Treo. It suddenly had erratic behavior, resets, flashing lights. The only thing I had done prior to the wierdness was put on a screen protector. I removed it, and instant calmness ensued.
    Same thing happened to my tungsten e. I took off the screen protector and the problem was solved
    Ok what is the best brand to buy ? That will not cause this to happen.
    Boxwave
    the three pack they sell here is quite nice - thick and long lasting .. .

Nobody has commercialized a screen yet that allow for more than one point of contact, so you wanna mkae sure that point of contact is the stylus.
  10.    #10  
    It wasn't the brand of screen protector, the tech put the same one back on. As BrettS said above, it probably got caught between the screen and body of the treo and caused the problem. I get my protectors on ebay at the link below and love them. Use it on my wife's and my treos and you can't tell they're there and are really inexpensive even with shipping (and no, I don't know the people who make or sell them).
    http://search.ebay.com/12-SCREEN-PRO...fclZ3QQfrppZ50