Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    <merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite
    I have read a bunch of threads about Entourage 2004 not syncing perfectly. No Birthday, no contact photo and only one address

Has anyone found a fix/workaround for this? does Missing Sync help?
    The Entourage Palm conduit does not allow syncing of Birthdays, contact photos, or multiple addresses.

The new MissingSync 5 will not help rectify these defects in Entourage, however MS5 DOES offer better support for the Apple AddressBook, which will allow one to sync the birthday, contact photo, and multiple addresses.
    were you able to do the initial sync? i have the same set up - palm desktop 4.2.1.D, mac OS 10.4.3 and I can't establish a connection at all, which I was able to do before I had to get a new hard drive and re-install everything, which just makes it all the more frustrating.

I just posted my problem a couple of hours ago...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=100446
    I've been through the mill with a Windows-based HP PDA, and finally came to my senses and bought a 650.

A friend recommended Missing Sync, and I am now a devotee. (No, I don't work for 'em. I'm just a short, fat bald guy in Australia who is DELIGHTED with Missing Sync).

It syncs everything properly every time with Entourage, and is no hassle.

After the drama I had trying to get a Windows system to sync with my Mac using PocketMac as a go-between, the simplicity and reliabilty of Missing Sync is a sight to behold. I've had it for three months, and I STILL sync 3 or 4 times a day just so I can watch the little blue progress lines slide smoooooothly across the screen. (Clearly, I need to get a life!!)

I had a coule of questions when I first got it, and the response from support was really fast and ery helpful.

So... go get Missing Sync and you'll have no probs with Entourage on your MAc!!

Cheers,

jerry
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx
    <merged>The Entourage Palm conduit does not allow syncing of Birthdays, contact photos, or multiple addresses.

The new MissingSync 5 will not help rectify these defects in Entourage, however MS5 DOES offer better support for the Apple AddressBook, which will allow one to sync the birthday, contact photo, and multiple addresses.
    Its been awhile, but I have still been using Entourage and continue being fustrated . does MS5 correctly sync multi-day events? Like an event that starts at 8PM on day 1 and ends at 4AM on day2? I am in the DJ business so most of my events are like this.

If you vouch for Treo650+Mac (iApps)+MissingSync, I may give in and give it a try.
    Everyone keeps saying Entourage doesn't sync two addresses & birthdays correctly with Palm. That is wrong. In the Entourage conduit controls there are 4 fields you can customize to sync whatever you want, like the second address.

As for birthdays, well they sync in the Calendar.

Entourage is so so much better than iCal. It's just not as pretty (also not free).
    -------
    How about it MS5 people, does it fix the annoying problems that occur when your event crosses midnight.
    It's so annoying to make multiple events when spanning days. The mac software people could at least try & make it easier on us with a "duplicate" or option-drag type copy.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12