Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    All:

I have had my Verizon Treo 650 since late June. I've had nothing but problems with it, ranging from:

* Poor reception
    * People complaining that they cannot hear me or that my voice sounds, strange when I am talking to them
    * Random Resets caused by the Wireless Sync (found this out by doing #*#317)
    * I miss calls because this damn popup comes up saying something about the alt key was pressed?? How do I get rid of that.

I have contacted Verizon and they have told me to update the firmware on my phone (which I have done), and nothing has helped.

They have offered to send me a refurb phone (which I completely refused because I paid ~$400 for my new one, why get a used one as a replacement?)

Bottom line is this. I read about the option where you can opt out of your contract for no penalty due to admin charges and I need some advice as to what to do...

Thanks!
    I'd try a refurb. They're indistinguishable from new. What good is "your" phone if it doesn't work reliably? Could you have it sent to a store so you could inspect it prior to doing the swap?

Todd/Indy
    Most refurbs are like new, if its not they'll replace it for one in better shape, I've done that before w/other phones.

The contract buyout I think its $175, so its up to you.
    i'd stick with verizon and get the refurb. i just switched to verizon from at&t/cingular and paid $175 to switch early. verizon's coverage is second to none - if you leave you will miss it. your refurb will probably indistinguishable from a new one - AND it should have all of the new hardware B and the newest ROM 1.03 PREINSTALLED - so it should be trouble-free.

my vzw hardware b, rom 1.03 i got in aug 2005 is flawless - and coverage is awesome.

again - get the refurb! what do you have to lose? if it still sucks you can always cancel later.

GOOD LUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko
    again - get the refurb! what do you have to lose? if it still sucks you can always cancel later.
    that is so true - right there. nothing to lose.
    Get the refurb quickly. You can try it out for a few days at least. If it doesn't work, you have until the end of the month to bail.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    What's the difference in hardware rev's? A versus B?
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrimmer
    What's the difference in hardware rev's? A versus B?
    Thanks!
    newer, improved hardware.