Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    novarra has a t650 web browser being tested for the 650 all i can say is that it works really well so far and it is FAST close to xino speed but renders like blazer hopefully they release it to the public. thats all i can say for now
    Web link please?

EDIT: Its using Webpro. http://www.novarra.com What's the difference?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I want it to render like Picsel, not Blazer.
  4.    #4  
    its the same look and feel of webpro (novarra makes webpro) but this version works with the t650 without the lockups freezes etc that the patched webpro would do when playing with preferences. its still in test mode and only proxy mode for now but i did a quick test with a full espn.com page load and it renders the page into one colum in like 15 seconds or so with full high res graphics and photos and it has full cache support not like blazer so when u use the back button it jumps back unlike blazer.
    W00T!!! Wow that would be awesome!!!

Every browser for the Treo has something wrong with it! It would be great if Nweb, Webpro, whatever were available for the Treo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky32
    its the same look and feel of webpro (novarra makes webpro) but this version works with the t650 without the lockups freezes etc that the patched webpro would do when playing with preferences. its still in test mode and only proxy mode for now but i did a quick test with a full espn.com page load and it renders the page into one colum in like 15 seconds or so with full high res graphics and photos and it has full cache support not like blazer so when u use the back button it jumps back unlike blazer.
    Could you move the browser to your SD Card and tell me how long it takes to load with a full cache? Webpro 3.0.1a takes forever to load from the SD Card with an empty cache and an obscene amount of time to load with a full cache. It seems like it loads a dozen configuration files every time I start it. Xiino loads relatively quickly from the SD Card, even with a full cache.

Alternatively, can the cache be moved the SD Card while leaving the main program in RAM?
  7.    #7  
    sorry I'm not messing with this thing durring testing. but since its like 1.7 meg its going to take a while to load (just like webpro) but I can deal with the size cause all the good outways the bad.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Spanky32:

Which version are you using?
    Is it a beta version?
    If so, are you permitted to share it so I could give it a try.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jt999
    Spanky32: are you permitted to share it so I could give it a try.
    I think we'd all like to give it a try

Be sure to keep us posted Spanky!
    i would love to give it a try.rberzas@yahoo.com.email it to me if you can.i have tried everyone the webpro is the better one,but i rather not have to reset the treo.i want something stable and that gives me the webpro browser.i use filez to delete the cache instead of going into pref.
  11.    #11  
    sorry i cant share it its a beta test direct from novarra so theres not a chance id let this thing get out there. im sorry but you all must understand im sure. only bug so far is 5way nav not quite perfect but its stable for sure.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Is this browser going to cost money? Even though it's quirky, Webpro 3.0.1a is free and works fine. If Novarra is not free, I'd have to be overwhelmed to buy it. I already have Xiino, Blazer, and Webpro installed and 2/3 were free.
  13.    #13  
    Well i dont think its going to free its the same guts as webpro but minus the bugs when u touched the prefs in webpro the treo went boom not with this version but hey i dont know what will happen with there marketing stuff who knows but i wouldnt mind paying for this if i had to (but i dont) one more thing its hooked well into the treo u can set it as default browser right in the prefs settings i dont need blazer any more and thats a big statement to make of course all of it is in my opinion only
    I emailed novarra about the t650 beta and they said that there was no such beast. I even gave them a link to this thread in hopes that it would make them look harder, but no joy.

--TechDude
  15.    #15  
    its real but i supose its a commercial/business only version which bleeps for others cause it works great on the t650
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    So is there an update or was this a hoax? I was exited for a moment.
  17.    #17  
    Its real but i guess only for the commercial side of the world at least for now

it looks just like nweb for the t600 which is on there website http://novarra.com
    something strange. I was on with tech support because of the blazer problems which were not fixed. Thenn I get some weird text from the rep sho said something about Novarra being the new web browser for the Treo but no other info. I emailes her to tell mw more details. I am waiting...
    Spanky32, do u have any idea when this new browser will be release?
    I like my xiino but I don't like the way it render pages...
    I wish to have a browser with xiino speed & better page rendering like u said....
    I thought blazer was supposed to be a step up from the rest of the browsers b/c it was based on Access' Netfront, which is really good. Is that wrong?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast