Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spanky32, Do you have a way to get into a secure site like a Wells Fargo account?
    Blazer is no longer a supported browser by Wells Fargo.
    Just call me Berd.
    I suppose that the Treo 600 version does not work on the Treo 650. Does anyone know?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  3.    #23  
    No the t600 version does not work on t650 ya get a page memory load error or something
    i can hit https:// sites as long as i un check the proxy checkbox in the preferences and then it works (proxy server for work stuff)

I also got blazer to work on https:// sites too after i took out the sprint proxy settings it even runs better/faster it seems. you need the msl lock code and DONT FORGET TO WRITE DOWN ORIGINAL SETTINGS or your screwed if you need sprints help
    So how can we get the 650 version?
    Shneor
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    So how can we get the 650 version?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=Nweb
    Shneor
    Well, it almost works, I guess. I loaded Nweb on a spare SD card, in PALM/Launcher. It appears to run, but nothing seems to get through. I noticed that it uses a Sprint home page and proxy. I changed the proxy to T-Mobile's, but as I said, Nweb comes up, tells me it is receiving, but nothing ever shows on the screen.

Maxy, any advice for me?

Thx.
    Shneor
    It worked for me on Cingular (loaded CNN), using the Sprint proxy. IIRC, it wouldn't allow me to change the proxy, but can't remember for sure. Didn't try it from the card. The problem, as noted in the other post, was that using the five way to scroll down would reset. It's also messy--leaves a lot of files.
    OK, I'll try leaving the Sprint proxy. That's something that I'm sure can be changed, because it appears to be hard-coded, as is the DNS (I got a bad DNS messge at one point).

It made changes to my WebPro. It substituted the Sprint proxy and home page (and I use WebPro without a proxy), and for a short time I thought it cleared up the WebPro exit problem (reset), but apparently not.

It actually seems to have removed some junk WebPro files, though I think it added a couple of small files in RAM. I'm a bit concerned about what it might do to my WebPro installation if I copy it to RAM.

Wish I could get the 650-optimized version.
    Shneor
  10.    #30  
    you can run both nweb 4.5 and webpro 3.0 at the same time they look similar but be carefull when deleting stuff check the creator id Nweb has a creator id of NWEB i forget what webpro was but i did run them both at the same time as a type of test. are u sure you didnt get nweb 3.5 which was for the treo300 it did run on the 600 but i never tried it on the 650 nweb 3.5 looks just like webpro3.0 or close to it the latest is on novarras website but only listed for t600.
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky32
    you can run both nweb 4.5 and webpro 3.0 at the same time they look similar but be carefull when deleting stuff check the creator id Nweb has a creator id of NWEB i forget what webpro was but i did run them both at the same time as a type of test. are u sure you didnt get nweb 3.5 which was for the treo300 it did run on the 600 but i never tried it on the 650 nweb 3.5 looks just like webpro3.0 or close to it the latest is on novarras website but only listed for t600.
    It is the one for the 300.

Does the one on Navarra's web site work on the 650?
    Shneor
  12.    #32  
    No the the t600 version on the novarra site WILL NOT WORK ON THE T650 sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky32
    No the the t600 version on the novarra site WILL NOT WORK ON THE T650 sorry
    So, back to my ariginal question: Is there any way to get the Nweb 650 version? I wish they would at least sell it, as it apparently works very well.
    Shneor
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12