Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm looking for recommendations on a good browser for the treo 650. The installed version won't open my webmail site at my office. The browswer on the T3 does but I understand it won't work on the 650.

Any recommendations?
    Try Xiino and see if that works for you.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    What problems do you have w/ the installed Blazer app? Does it not work for you?
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I like xiino too. I use it most of the time except for banking sites.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I can log onto my webmail and see the main page. When I try to open an email, I get a blank page. Therefore, I can't reply to or view email on it. I did not have that problem with the T3 browser.
    You might also try the Opera Mini browser, which requires that you install Java for Palm. The setup procedure is a little complicated, but it is a totally free option.

Instructions can be found here:

http://operalover.tntluoma.com/8/opera_mini_on_treo

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    I really like Xiino, but they should support smaller screen font. I asked the developper, and they replied they don't plan adding smaller fonts in the near future.

They say they would consider it for future developments...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    unfortunately, xiino isn't any better. I'll try opera later tonight.
    i've been using web pro for a bit and i like it. it was kind of a space hog to use opera and the java route.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Are you running web pro on a treo 650? If so, what version?
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    I like xiino too. I use it most of the time except for banking sites.
    Me too. I don't log onto my bank too much...much easier just to call.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by spellmeyer
    Are you running web pro on a treo 650? If so, what version?
    i am running v.3.0.1a of web pro
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    All the various browser kinda stink unfortunately. All the various ones listed are ok but have some defeciency or another. I use blazer, xiino, and webpro for various purposes fyi...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Me too. I don't log onto my bank too much...much easier just to call.
    That's true. Though I would like to be able to do online bill pay on a mobile browser with my bank some day.
    Last edited by naivete; 09/22/2005 at 10:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    That's true. Though I would like to be able to do online bill pay on a mobile browser with my bank some day.
    I do that today. Fortunately, my bank still supports the Blazer.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I have accounts with citigroup. Either their site doesn't work with blazer or I'm just too dumb to figure it out.
    Kabuto - I am running Web Pro 3.0.1c on my 600. Generally really happy w/it, but after running it for a while have the following problems:
    1) It gets "unset" as the default browser in Prefs, and no longer shows up in the list, so I can't set it as the default browser
    2) Tapping a link in email generates an error from Web Pro that I am not authorized to run the application.

Starting it from the launcher or a hard button wotks fine. It is a legit, registered version (not one of the many hacked versions floating about)

The ONLY way to fix it is a hard reset and reinstall. Restore from backup does not work. Hard reset and restore from backup does not work. Uninstall and reinstall does not work. I have had this happen 4 times now and it is driving me crazy. PalmOne is of no help, in fact I have not even managed to get a response from them.

Are you having similar problems? Are other folks running a registered version of 3.0.1c on a GSM Treo 600?

I love the browser (it is the only one that does OWA well on the T600), but this is really annoying....