1.    #1  
    I just got TomTom 5 for the Treo 650 today and it absolutely blows Mapopolis out of the water.

The question I have is as follows, I live in Virginia, but frequently travel into DC or MD. I've installed the maps for VA, MD and DC, but it doesn't seem to allow me to set directions from one state to the other, the only way is to manually change the map used. (ie. it asks for me to choose a destiniation, my home is in VA, and the only choices for destinations are in VA, even though I have DC and MD maps installed and want it to take me to DC)

In mapopolis it seemed that when you installed seperate maps, it automatically connected them.

Thanks for the help.
    Did you install them all together or individually? When I installed the Northeast Group, NY, CT, and NJ cities show up at the same time.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    You have to install the Major Roads of America map to navigate trip across state borders. You can then switch to the DC map once you arrive if you need more detail.

I went from Raleigh, NC to DC and never switched from the Major Roads map and it took me to the doorstep of my Georgetown hotel - very nice!

However, POI will probably be better with the DC map.
    Major Roads & Cities is one way to go. Alternately, there may be a regional map that includes all of the states you frequent routinely. That would have more detailed coverage that the Major Roads map. I just used one that includes DC, MD and PA which is where I was traveling. Take a look at the maps listed on the CD to see if any fit the bill. If you load a regional map, you don't need to load any of the individual state maps within it's area.
    I live in Virginia and work in DC. Download a regional map and it will work.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Make sure when selecting maps that you look at the "other" option. I live in Northern VA and found the KY, VA, WV, MD, DE, DC, TN, NC (117 mb) map to cover just about all of my travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    Major Roads & Cities is one way to go. Alternately, there may be a regional map that includes all of the states you frequent routinely. That would have more detailed coverage that the Major Roads map. I just used one that includes DC, MD and PA which is where I was traveling. Take a look at the maps listed on the CD to see if any fit the bill. If you load a regional map, you don't need to load any of the individual state maps within it's area.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll have to review the regional offerings and reload my new 2GB SD card!
  8.    #8  
    Thanks as u suggested, I found the proper regional map and the problem has been solved.