1.    #1  
    Is it just me? Am I the only one having problem with Worldmate 5 Professional?

The app starts out as 2megs, and overtime it grew into almost 5megs. And if I uninstall and reinstall it again, it will be back to 2megs again, but growing larger by the day is inevitable.

Does anyone notice this problem? What are HTTPSTREAM anyways? I am getting a crap load of HTTPSTREAMS associated with Worldmate.

I like the app and find it useful, but homey aint got no windows mobile with 128mb of ram to spare...so I don't know if I can justify 5megs and potentially more app on my 22mb treo. (that is like 1/4 of total accessible memory)

Anyone have any solutions to this problem? I tried installing it to SD, but it takes like 15-20 seconds to load up...I think I can start up my XP in shorter time than that...

-----
    Treo 650 Cingular 1.15-CNG (Firmware 01.31)
    worldmate 5.0.41 installed internally
    Last edited by gadraw; 09/20/2005 at 10:06 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone? Or am I the only chump??
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadraw
    Anyone? Or am I the only chump??
    You didn't bite did you?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    You didn't bite did you?
    do you have worldmate?
    I have world mate pro, the program is not very efficient, but at the same time it has many features I like (Radar Image, multi city weather, currency exchange, .... etc). Therefore, I have moved it to the SD Card using PowerRun. That way I am not too worried about the expanded size, IMO the program is good, but there are issues that need to be worked out. I am glad I did not have to pay for it
    Last edited by gt5l; 09/21/2005 at 08:26 AM.
    Treoing & Loving it
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    do you have worldmate?
    I do but I don't use it at all. I am like the person above, glad I did not pay for it either. To me it is a 20 dollar program with a 79 dollar price tag.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the replies.

I've just renewed my subscription about 2 months ago, but no longer have it installed, since I found out that worldmate is the main cause for my treo to run low on memory space...

Wish the folks at mobimate can get their acts together and update their memory hogging worldmate for treo...but maybe they won't have to since the next treo will probably run windows mobile 5.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts

What are HTTPSTREAM anyways? I am getting a crap load of HTTPSTREAMS associated with Worldmate.

Those are radar maps on the 5.0 version. I just delete them after I see them. I use mine from my SD card. Will save you tons of space in RAM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Those are radar maps on the 5.0 version. I just delete them after I see them. I use mine from my SD card. Will save you tons of space in RAM.
    what other apps do you have installed on your phone?

there seems to be some conflicts on mine (both internally and SD). after changing city and updating weather, I will get a soft reset when i exit worldmate...

these are the apps i have which i suspect one of them may be causing conflicts:

ringo (i think its ringo)
    verichat (or maybe verichat)
    snappermail
    splashblog
    mobitv (probably not this one, i had the problem before this was installed)
    mergic vpn
    mobile ts

thanks again for your time
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    what other apps do you have installed on your phone?

there seems to be some conflicts on mine (both internally and SD). after changing city and updating weather, I will get a soft reset when i exit worldmate...

these are the apps i have which i suspect one of them may be causing conflicts:

ringo (i think its ringo)
    verichat (or maybe verichat)
    snappermail
    splashblog
    mobitv (probably not this one, i had the problem before this was installed)
    mergic vpn
    mobile ts

thanks again for your time
    I don't have have any of the apps you have, so can't speak about those conflicts, but mine are as follows if it's any help.

Vindigo, 2day, 4cast, BackupMan, Biz Conn, Butler, Chatter, Cleanup, Datebk5, Dir Asst, Holidates, Obfuscate, PTunes, SoundRec, Treoguard, Uninstall Mgr
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    I don't have have any of the apps you have, so can't speak about those conflicts, but mine are as follows if it's any help.

Vindigo, 2day, 4cast, BackupMan, Biz Conn, Butler, Chatter, Cleanup, Datebk5, Dir Asst, Holidates, Obfuscate, PTunes, SoundRec, Treoguard, Uninstall Mgr
    Thanks. I think its most likely ringo pro having the conflict with worldmate.